Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Bouquet/Garter toss idea

hales2010hales2010 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum

So I saw this idea on here on another post and I loved it. I think I just wanted opinions on it or to see if any one has done something similar.

I want to do the bouquet and garter toss. I wanted to involve everyone instead of just my single friends. I thought it would be more fun that way since I am having a somewhat small wedding. I saw someone post this as an idea on another to post to attach a gift cards to the bouquet and garter. Has anyone done anything like this or think this might be a good idea?

Re: Bouquet/Garter toss idea

• Options
    hales2010 said:

So I saw this idea on here on another post and I loved it. I think I just wanted opinions on it or to see if any one has done something similar.

I want to do the bouquet and garter toss. I wanted to involve everyone instead of just my single friends. I thought it would be more fun that way since I am having a somewhat small wedding. I saw someone post this as an idea on another to post to attach a gift cards to the bouquet and garter. Has anyone done anything like this or think this might be a good idea?

I have heard of this. Some people skip the whole theatrical groom-upskirts-bride-in-front-of-family (personally, I'm anti-garter hunt - ugh). And they'll attach the garter to a nerf football with lottery tickets or gift cards and toss it. Then attaching lottery tickets/gift cards to the bouquet and tossing that.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Oh I am definitely not going to do the whole up the skirt thing. That is a little bit too embarrassing for me to handle. We just want to be able to throw it and have everyone involved. We also do not want to make anyone (or there SOs) mad so we will also not be doing the thing where whoever catches the garter has to put it on whoever catches the bouquet. I have seen a fight break out over this before so that will not be happening. The most we might do with the people who catch it will have them take a picture together.
  • Options
    hales2010 said:

Oh I am definitely not going to do the whole up the skirt thing. That is a little bit too embarrassing for me to handle. We just want to be able to throw it and have everyone involved. We also do not want to make anyone (or there SOs) mad so we will also not be doing the thing where whoever catches the garter has to put it on whoever catches the bouquet. I have seen a fight break out over this before so that will not be happening. The most we might do with the people who catch it will have them take a picture together.

Thank you for not subjecting guests to the replacement of the garter on the bouquet catcher!!! Ugh that tradition need to die.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I had not planned on having a bouquet toss since I always hated being summoned to the dance floor as a single woman.  Unbeknownst to me, our florist made a complimentary toss bouquet out of the extra flowers.  Our DOC handed it to me and I made a spur-of-the-moment choice to toss it to all women regardless of marital status.  It was fun, and I got a picture with the catcher.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards