Wedding Woes

Since it's slow, I have a name

It was curriculum night for KG last night, and walking down the hall at DD's school, one of the other classrooms had a collage with all the kids' names on it, and I saw Gator.  I really hope that's a nickname, yet...why would you tell your kid's teacher "...but you can call him (her?) Gator for short?"  I don't remember the last name, but it wasn't like Srikumaran or something where I might think "Maybe it's actually Gah-TOR and it's _____ for 'blessed one.'"  It was like Phillips or something.

Maybe the kid told the teacher "call me Gator?"  But KG just had their first day of school this week, so I'm assuming the teachers made up their class signs and labels and everything ahead of time, based on their students' names as listed on their enrollment forms? 

I'm way overthinking this, I know, but my mind refuses to stop trying to figure out why some kid is called Gator.  Big Florida fans?

Re: Since it's slow, I have a name

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I have a childhood friend who's husband's name is Gator. I've never asked, I don't know why---I just kind of say "well huh".
  • Heffalump said:

I'm way overthinking this, I know, but my mind refuses to stop trying to figure out why some kid is called Gator.  Big Florida fans?

This was my first thought. I mean, it is the South over here ;)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm way overthinking this, I know, but my mind refuses to stop trying to figure out why some kid is called Gator.  Big Florida fans?

Why am I always SitB?  Anyway, I guess we should just be grateful his/her name isn't "Rolltide Phillips," then.  ;)
  • Heffalump said:

Heffalump said:

Why am I always SitB?  Anyway, I guess we should just be grateful his/her name isn't "Rolltide Phillips," then.  ;)

Or Gamecock Johnson
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards