November 2014 Weddings

Invites out!

Sent our invites on Friday, giving them until 10/25 (final count due 10/31)... two RSVPs in already!  Ah!

Re: Invites out!

• Wow!  Some people are on the ball!

I hope you get them all back and don't have to chase after anyone ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I know, I feel like I shouldn't get too excited because I'm sure I'll be chasing people down. One in particular is my sister (we didn't grow up together and aren't close), she's already said she isn't sure she'll make it (which means she won't) but I'm afraid she'll sit on the RSVP to avoid having to say no LOL. Booo.
  • I'm excited to send out my invites!!

I got them back in June? July? May? earlier this summer, and I decided to address them while I was still excited about them.  I have over half of them addressed and ready to go.  Now I'm procrastinating on doing the rest.

Whatevs, I'm over half done- so thank you, Past Self!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine are coming back.  The resort could only hold rooms until Sept 3, so we addressed the RSVP deadline for then so OOT'ers could get a crack at booking them.

Despite me reminding them, 2 bridesmaids haven't booked their room yet.  Sigh.

I know what you mean about declines.  People sit on them forever.  You aren't offending me!  Just tell me you can't make it.  Christ...

I'm having a small dilemma.  I have gotten to know my manager better this past year.  I don't want her to think she is B-listed, but I would like to invite her.  Is that ridiculously rude?  It probably is right?  

• I feel that if you already sent out your invitations, you would be B-listing (or look like you're B-listing).  So I wouldn't do it.

I'm hyper-paranoid about offending work people, so that's where I'm coming from.
    Mine are coming back.  The resort could only hold rooms until Sept 3, so we addressed the RSVP deadline for then so OOT'ers could get a crack at booking them.

Despite me reminding them, 2 bridesmaids haven't booked their room yet.  Sigh.

I know what you mean about declines.  People sit on them forever.  You aren't offending me!  Just tell me you can't make it.  Christ...

I'm having a small dilemma.  I have gotten to know my manager better this past year.  I don't want her to think she is B-listed, but I would like to invite her.  Is that ridiculously rude?  It probably is right?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ah the work people dilemma.. I've been added from the B-list before, I feel like it's sort of understandable?  But it was more like, friends we got really close to about 6 months before the wedding, not a work situation.

I'm only inviting one coworker.  I hope that's not weird.  I mean, if anyone asks I could just mention the wedding is on a Friday and I didn't think our entire office could just suspend work??  LOL.  I don't know. 
  • My co-workers ask about wedding related things a lot, I try really hard to not bring it up myself. I'm stilllll conflicted about if I will invite them or not. We work in a pretty intimate setting but I would not say we are "friends" by any means. We get along, yah, but friends? No.

We are sending out invites next week so I neeeeed to decide by then lol.

• Thanks!  I think I will not be asking.  She's coming back from a super-marathon and might be tight on cash and tuckered out and I don't want to put pressure on her.

I will order extra favors and give them to the people at the office I couldn't invite :)  I think that's a good compromise to show I was thinking of them.....

• My co-workers ask about wedding related things a lot, I try really hard to not bring it up myself. I'm stilllll conflicted about if I will invite them or not. We work in a pretty intimate setting but I would not say we are "friends" by any means. We get along, yah, but friends? No.

We are sending out invites next week so I neeeeed to decide by then lol.
    Exactly my situation too... small office, we're all friendly, but not outside of work, except for one. So I think it's okay?
  • OOH can I also add, we got our first "no" RSVP.. a family friend of my fiance's, I've never met them so no terrible personal loss for me, but I got a little happy about it.  We're contracted for 175 at our venue but we invited 202.  Ouch!  We just couldn't cut the list down any more, even though 202 is a CRAZY number.  I really thought I'd have a smaller wedding, but our families are both pretty big.  Anyway.. these people are helping us out a little bit, which sounds terrible to say.
  • I got this gem from my FMIL:

FMIL: {Person I have never met} may not RSVP.  She might show up though, so have a place ready for her because she would be coming in with Uncle.  I mean, the kitchen should make extra anyway so I hardly see how this will be a big deal.

FI: Ummm, no, that's not how it works.  She either RSVP's yes or no.  There will NOT be an extra plate available to her.

FMIL: Well, yeah, I mean, she might come though..

FI: I will call her.  How is that so difficult??

UGH, people are just the worst.

• HAAA omg.  I hate that.  No, they don't just make extra food, that's why there's a count!  

I will never not RSVP again.  I feel so bad for ever doing it in my younger days. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards