Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Mintahoe Catering- Minneapolis Library

My fiance and I are now leaning towards having our ceremony and reception at the Minneapolis Central Library. We like the downtown location, ample parking, convenience it provides for our out of town guests, and that it seems to be a one stop shop venue in terms of dealing with limited vendors. 

I haven't been to any events at the library and I am not familiar with Mintahoe catering. Anyone have any information about the venue and vendor? 

Thanks!

Re: Mintahoe Catering- Minneapolis Library

• Options
    Hi!

We are working with Mintahoe for our wedding reception at the Van Dusen mansion in Minneapolis.  They offer a tasting buffet dinner where you can try their wine, appetizers, main courses and desserts and you have a chance to talk to one of their reps for ideas, etc.  We went to the tasting and since I'm picky about food and it was buffet style, was not too impressed.  Unfortunately, the rep had other commitmens at that time, so we have not spoken to her about our food and menu (I'm a little worried).  I did see other Mintahoe reps sit with couples and discuss the menu and they seem very good and accomodating.  They are known to have very good food, so I am hopeful everything will turn out OK at our reception.
  • Options
    In regards to the vendor, we chose Mintahoe for our oct 6 2012 wedding at the venue at Elm Creek.  We chose them because Julie (our rep) was always responsive, quote was professional, they have a legit contract, and their prices were in the middle.  They have two lines in their catering - Apples to Apples & Perfect Host.  I could go on about the different lines, but bottom line is we went with Perfect Host with a plated option.

We went to the monthly tasting as a PP said above.  It was fine, but didn't like make or break our decision.  The quality was good, but remember, it's caterering/banquet food.  That comes at different standards than restaurant quality, in my opinion.

best wishes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    i'm very curious if the original poster actually went with the library.  my fiance and i are leaning towards the central library for our reception and the ceremony at fort snelling.  anyone have any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards