October 2014 Weddings

Bachelorette Party close to Wedding Day

So my MOH & bridesmaids want to have my Bach party the weekend before my wedding, which makes me a little nervous. Any thoughts? How far in advance is everyone having theirs?

Re: Bachelorette Party close to Wedding Day

• Mine is only 2 weeks before the wedding day.  I would prefer to have one earlier than that, but that was the date that worked best for everyone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same here...i have 5 bridesmaids with different schedules so it was either do it before my shower (which i feel is a little weird) or a week before the wedding. Fingers crossed i don't drink too much and fall on my face! haha
  • Don't have bridesmaids, but all my friends live across the country from me, so I won't see them until the wedding. They suggested going out the night before, but we're having a morning wedding and I don't want to be hungover/exhausted during the wedding... so I told them NO. So, I'm not having a bachelorette party.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • My bachelorette party is two weeks before the wedding. We had originally thought of doing it the weekend before, but I have to be out at the race track (volunteer work) Thursday-Saturday that weekend.
  • Mine is in two weeks! So I guess just about 4 weeks before our wedding?

• Mine is on a Friday
    Leaving on Sunday for DW
    Married on Tuesday

We're doing a Spa and maybe fancy dinner, so I'm hoping to get nails done and such before the wedding.

Anniversary
  • Mine is also two weekends before our wedding.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We were going to it the weekend before, but my MOH couldn't get work off that weekend.  So mine is 2 weeks before. 

What concerns did you have about it? money? hangovers? traveling?
  • I think mine is Friday the 10th, (should probably know for sure!) and getting married on the 18th. I'm also a little worried, but I'm not actually sure why... Maybe I'm afraid I'll be so stressed at that point that I won't be feeling much like partying... I don't drink much but I think I'll be pressured too. I just have to keep reminding myself that I can't keep up with everyone else!
  • I always thought they were supposed to be that close to the wedding date. Mine is the same date as my shower because it's almost the same people so it's frankly earlier than I'd prefer but oh well. I don't see the problem with the weekend before. It would be a nice diversion from planning. (As long as you haven't put everything off to the last minute)
  • Mine is also the weekend before. MOH is flying in the 2 weeks before the wedding so don't want to the day after she arrives. Think we are just doing dinner and some drinks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mine is one month before the wedding which i think is perfect!!
  • I think it's ok as long as you aren't getting sloshed the night before. My MUA told me no heavy drinking the night before or else I would be dehydrated and my skin would look like crap.
  • I'm having mine the weekend before so my out-of-town best friend/MOH will be there!  I'm not too nervous about it.. But my fiance is having his two nights before the wedding. Now THAT makes me nervous! :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I guess I just don't want to be stressed since it will be that last weekend before the wedding. I am warming up to the idea since I'm continuing to check to-do's off my list. and yes hangovers were a little bit of a concern! oh well!
  • Ours are both on the Thursday prior to Saturday wedding.

Seems perfect for us and our friends!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• my Bridal shower and bachelorette party was originally scheduled for Aug. 16 but with my parent's funeral we postponed it, since she was being buried on the 15th. So now it's Sept 20th, in Philly (I live in Boston, MA). Then we're having a second one the weekend before my wedding (Oct. 4th) up here for all of the bridesmaids up here and friends. I'm looking forward to it. Sept. 20th is going to be more traditional, whereas Oct. 4th is going to be laid back and fun, we're going to dinner, then mini golf and then a paint nite up here. I'm looking forward to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards