Wedding Reception Forum

Re: Closed seating arrangement thread

JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum
I'd like to know why a thread was closed after THREE days.  @Wrigleyville, you state it because the OP hasn't been back, but many times, people don't come back for a few days.  Sometimes I get busy and I can't be on TK everyday.   I don't think closing it after three days is fair.  It's not a zombie thread.  And if it's because the OP hasn't been back, there would be many more threads that would be closed.

I feel it may be more because you thought an argument was coming, but people go back and forth all the time throughout all the boards. Threads are never closed because of that unless it gets way out of hand.  Is this the new norm?  To close threads because a couple people say something that strays a bit snarky or perceived rude?

Re: Re: Closed seating arrangement thread

• No, I was giving it a cooling off point while it was reviewed on the mod boards. I'm new to this, so I wanted Porscha's input. Now that I have the input, I've reopened the thread.

Bear with me while I get used to the new role. :) Thanks!
  • Agree with Joan- it was closed too quick. In general I think we've closed threads to quick- people will yell zombie thread for a June post for instance. I think a year or 6 months is worth closing but not 2 months and def not 3 days. But thanks for the explanation wrigleyville! Im sure there will be an adjustment period and in general, I think the mods will help a ton.

• wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, sorry about that. I honestly didn't mean any harm. 

I'm part of another forum that closes threads once they dissolve into off-topic stuff and insults, so I just wanted to double-check and give it a chance to cool down a little before reopening it.

I should have been more clear in my last post; I apologize.

I promise not to close anymore threads unless they're zombie threads. :)
  • Thanks @wrigleyville for the explanation! I kinda figured you didn't mean any harm and understand the adjustment period with the mods back on. Don't worry, you'll be a fine mod! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards