New York-New York City

Frustrated wtih NYC Hotels

I posted about this a while ago, and I'm STILL looking for a reasonable and nice hotel for our wedding weekend October 8-10. 

First of all, I need 3 rooms (for two sets of teens, plus us) for 2 nights.  I realize that it will be costly right out of the gate.  And we want a nice place, too....something wedding-worthy!

I would appreciate any suggestions of hotels that won't cost $2000 for the weekend!  And we need to be IN the city, not nearby.  Thanks, gals......

Re: Frustrated wtih NYC Hotels

• kttestkttest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try checking out www.skyauction.com or http://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/BiddingForGood.action some times you can get a really good hotel for a great rate.  Check often because things move in and out.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

Not sure what area you want to be in...On the Ave, on the UWS, is nice, as is Hotel Beacon, and they're not crazy expensive.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

What part of the city? Where is the wedding?

• edited December 2011
    Try the 3 West Club on 51st Street and 5th Avenue.

Their rooms are clean, modern and I believe around $190.00 per night. The Master Suite is $285 per night I believe.

www.3westclub.com
    212-582-5454
    I think Bryant is in charge of reservatins.

HTH!

• edited December 2011
    P.S. That's where I'm having my wedding and staying for the weekend so I think it's "wedding worthy" :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks...the 3 West Club was the first place we l ooked to have the wedding, and i'ts lovely.  We decided it was a bit too conservative for us, but I hadn't thought about just using it for hotel purposes!

We are getting married in the West Village at the Alger House, the dinner the night before is in Little Italy.  However, family and friends who are coming in would, I think,like to stay someplace centrally located since most are coming in early and making a vacation of it.

I'll check out the UWS places...thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    There are a bunch of hotels in Chelsea, which would be more convenient than UWS... Chelsea Hotel, Chelsea Inn, Wyndham, Hampton Inn and maybe a Sheraton?  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Finally made a decision:  The New Yorker Hotel for $238/night.  This was with my wedding planner's advice/guidance and a room block of 10.

The hotel looks nice, I just want to make sure that we get on upper floors, and maybe even an upgrade for me and FI??!!!  Thanks all!
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emmiew- I reserved a blok of rooms at the New Yorker Hotel for the same weekend! Our wedding is 10-10 at Studio 450.

Where is your wedding?

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011
    We blocked at a few places for August...The W New York is $180 a night, The Standard is $150, The Bryant Park Hotel $179 and The Hilton Garden Inn $169. We called every place and made sure we spoke to someone in charge. They gave us much better deals than anything online. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards