Just Engaged and Proposals

Looking for garden chic venue on the East Coast

My fiance and I just got engaged a few weeks ago and live in NYC.  Our budget is forcing us to explore cities outside of the city and are considering basically anywhere in the east coast.  We know that our ideal location would be somewhere that's garden/chic with a lot of room for DIY touches.  We're looking at the Fairmount Horticulture Center in Philadelphia this coming weekend along with a few other venues around there.  We'd be open to Newport RI, The Berkshires, Hudson Valley NY, Philadelphia and suburbs, NC, SC, and Miami.  Our budget for venue, food, alcohol, and furniture rentals with taxes and fees is around $30,000.  We're open to wineries, gardens, barns, whatever.  Any ideas, ladies??  Thanks in advance!!  LG

Re: Looking for garden chic venue on the East Coast

• I would post on the local boards of whichever area you are looking to get married in.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There's always NJ. The NJ Botanical Gardens (Skylands Manor) are very nice.
  • @GoldenPenguin @KnotPorscha I feel like the above poster is advertising either their company or a company they work for.  All of their replies on other discussions reference using Post Event Rentals.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  There are a lot of lovely places on the western side of CT. The Fox Hill Inn (Brookfield), Le Chateau, Bernard's (Ridgefield), The Keeler Tavern Garden House (Ridgefield)... actually, Le Chateau is in NY.. I think North Salem? Anyway, lots of pretty places out there.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards