November 2014 Weddings

Is it November yet?

I'm sick of planning. I just wanna get married. Am I alone?

Re: Is it November yet?

• NO!  I am so ready!!  Welcome to the board :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I am so ready too!

I have really enjoyed being engaged, but I'm kind of over people asking me about it.  I'm also over people giving me their two Lincolns on my venue/ location/ number of guests/ etc. etc..

I'm really excited to be married!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm about 30 minutes away from hitting double digits - OMG!!! So exciting! Yeah, I'm totally sick of planning, looking for advice from TK (other than what I'm still in question over), and all that jazz. I still don't have a cake, I still haven't canceled my alterations appointments (one's in 2 days and the other I scheduled months ago is a week from that), haven't contacted the JOP's receptionist with all the questions that weren't answered (like when to pay, do we write our own vows or he provides them, is he going to contact us prior to the wedding), etc. I'm done...without being done! It will all come together in the end, and I just don't care at this point, as long as we're legally married in the end.
  • I'm about 30 minutes away from hitting double digits - OMG!!! So exciting! Yeah, I'm totally sick of planning, looking for advice from TK (other than what I'm still in question over), and all that jazz. I still don't have a cake, I still haven't canceled my alterations appointments (one's in 2 days and the other I scheduled months ago is a week from that), haven't contacted the JOP's receptionist with all the questions that weren't answered (like when to pay, do we write our own vows or he provides them, is he going to contact us prior to the wedding), etc. I'm done...without being done! It will all come together in the end, and I just don't care at this point, as long as we're legally married in the end.
    LOL sounds like you are approaching IDGAF mode! ;)  

• Man I always feel sort of bad when people are like, how's planning going?   And I say, I'm so ready for this to be over!  LOL.  Because I have no doubt the wedding will be wonderful, but I just want it to be HERE.  And I also want to go on the honeymoon haha.

My friends and I are going to Vegas in two weeks for a VERY early bachelorette party (I really wanted to be able to go hang at the pool--not that Vegas ever really gets that cold haha), I'm so excited for an actual wedding event to happen.  I've been planning for too long!
  • I've kinda been enjoying planning, just not pulling out my credit card. 98 days for me to go!
  • I'm trying to be in IDGAF mode! I'm definitely ready for November 1st. I have an anxiety disorder, so the fact that FH and I are paying for and planning this whole shindig is really stressing me out, and I'm done. I'm just ready to be married!
  • jaime232 said:
    Man I always feel sort of bad when people are like, how's planning going?   And I say, I'm so ready for this to be over!  LOL.  Because I have no doubt the wedding will be wonderful, but I just want it to be HERE.  And I also want to go on the honeymoon haha.

My friends and I are going to Vegas in two weeks for a VERY early bachelorette party (I really wanted to be able to go hang at the pool--not that Vegas ever really gets that cold haha), I'm so excited for an actual wedding event to happen.  I've been planning for too long!
    YES! For some reason I always thought I would ENJOY the planning...yeah, no. It's not fun. Probably because I'm not really getting to choose what I want...I'm just finding things I can afford. It might be fun if I had like a million dollar budget...but then, no it wouldn't cause I'm just ready to get married. HAHA. I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting this to be over(:
  • lol Im kind of the opposite.  I thought I would DREAD planning and I am finding it going along okay and enjoying most of it.  But I'm starting to get planned out and I'm good to go :)

• I think it is mostly the financial aspect for me.  So far we've paid for most of this ourselves so it's just more stress than I expected.  I think we have some parental help coming in soon, so hopefully that helps ease up the stress in the last couple of months.
  • @jaime232 I agree. Every time we spend a large amount on something I'm like...it's one day. one day...it is my wedding day so it's worth it...but jeez. lol my parents gave us some and it helped SO MUCH.
  • LOL exactly.. hard to swallow for one day, but I do agree that our wedding/marriage is worth the celebration.  In November we'll all be so happy haha.
  • I think I'm in the minority. I had so much fun planning! Everything was basically done by June and I was kinda sad because the planning part was over. Finishing the planning early has definitely alleviated stress. Now I can't wait to get to be a Mrs. on 11/15.
  • Getting close ladies!
  • Ugh can't wait to be done! Can't wait to get off this site and on with my life! I love my FH and our families and friends--there's a ton of out of town guest coming and I can't wait to see everyone! However, it would be about 400 times better if it was someone else's wedding lol. Went to FH's cousin's wedding and FH and I talked about how much more fun it is to be a guest than the bride/groom!
  • Ah... I agree.  I question daily why we didn't cut our guestlist in half or go to an island to do this.  I just hope the stress is worth it.  I'm particularly feeling it right now because all the stupid balances are due by 10/14, and money is stupid.  LOL
  • I am so ready too!! November 1 cannot come soon enough!
  • I'm so frustrated with this month.

- My FMIL is being a complete a-hole.  FI is handling it but she's exhausting.  We paid the venue and she's making last minute meal requests and gripes.  I just want her to be quiet for a day or two, as it causes tension in my home.
    - A guy died in my apartment complex and no one knew for 3 days.  He died in his sleep of heart failure.  I feel bad for his family.  I am on the top floor, he was on the bottom.  I didn't know about this until my landlady informed me.  I'm just weirded out by it.
    - A drug bust occurred in my apartment complex in another building.  What the hell??
    - I got a parking ticket this morning for parking too close to a fire hydrant.
    - I am just so goddamn tired.

I am officially in IDGAF mode and I just want October to get lost.  

• OMG!  Rough month.. horrible about the dead guy.  :\ 

November is right around the corner!
  • Another vote for October to be over!

That is so sad about the neighbor. 

It sounds like your FMIL and my mother must take the same class somewhere about last-minute griping. Good thing your FI is handling it even though it's exhausting just the same. 

Deep breaths, November is in 8 days!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, it was tense this morning.  I had a moment of weakness and internalized her griping but FI and I had a heart to heart and I think we are better now.

The man was really nice.  He lived here for 10 years and we only have kind memories of him.  I don't think he was mean to anyone!  Rest in peace, friend.

My coworkers managed to surprise me with a bridal shower.  They tricked me!  I was so surprised.  I do NOT do well with surprises and I was so embarrassed with being the centre of attention but we all had fun and enjoyed cupcakes and cake pops.  I was very touched.  Three directors were there and 3 managers, as well as my closest coworkers.  I was like "Important people are here!  ACK!"  LOL

• According to my frequent errors, it's August or September...and if October makes it into the mix I'm a day or two behind. I have no sense of time or days and FI is constantly having to correct me. 7x5=35...OMG!!!

@goldchocobo‌ I'm sorry about your FMIL, though based on your previous posts I'm not surprised (P.S. a glass of wine or two a week/night won't kill you...if you're sticking with it). As for your neighbor, that's insane and I can't imagine! There are better places for us and it seems like he found his peacefully. I can't say we have cops frequently in our complex but I have weekly, sometimes nightly, EMS responders going to the complex across the street from us and light flicker though our window...and in the past year 2 complex fires over there (thank goodness it was during the day and early evening).

Sorry for any possible misspellings or errors, I'm a few glasses in and my phone's being a pain!
  • I came to an epiphany last night: FMIL and I will never have the relationship she wants.  I am at peace with this and feel great about my decision to distance my presence from her toxicity.  On the drive home, thinking about her last minute meal requests and general fussing, I just thought: "It doesn't matter.  November 2nd will be so great and in the end these little things mean nothing."  It's true, her fussing is a minor thing.  I feel really good about letting it all go and just being super happy today!!

• I came to an epiphany last night: FMIL and I will never have the relationship she wants.  I am at peace with this and feel great about my decision to distance my presence from her toxicity.  On the drive home, thinking about her last minute meal requests and general fussing, I just thought: "It doesn't matter.  November 2nd will be so great and in the end these little things mean nothing."  It's true, her fussing is a minor thing.  I feel really good about letting it all go and just being super happy today!!
    That is awesome! :)

To the bolded:  Definitely a her problem, not a you problem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards