Military Brides

Quick question...

I was just wondering for anyone that doesn't mind answering...

How often do you see your FI/H/etc?

Any details you wish to share are appreciated, such as how long you've been together, how long it is in between seeing each other, how long you get to spend together when you do see each other, etc.

Re: Quick question...

• H and I have been together 6 years, married 3. The first year, we were together 5 months, apart 7. The second year was the same. The third year we were together the whole year. Our first year of marriage, we were together for a month, apart for 11. Last year we were together for four months apart for 8, but when I was home, he wasn't. He's "home", but he works 7 days a week, up to 16 hours a day.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Hey and I have been together for 8 years, married 7. Until recently, he was gone an average of 30 weeks out of every year. One year, he was only home for 18 weeks. Another year, he was home for nearly 50 weeks, but that's the year he was shot while deployed. He's now in a different type of unit. He's home every night, every weekend and won't deploy for at least the next 3 years. It's a welcome change from 1-2 deployments a year and constant training missions or schooling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started out on opposite coasts. Right before we got married I finished college and moved to his duty station. We have been married 4 years now. We were together for the first year and a half, then I moved back home while he was deployed for 8 months. I had a good job so we lived on opposite coasts for a while (4 months, one of which he was home on leave for). We were together for 11 months. Then, we were apart again for 6 months. We have now been back in the same place for 3 months and, barring some extraordinary circumstances, it will be that way for the next 3 years at a minimum. We've both been told it will be a miracle if either of us deploys at our current commands. As much as that sounds like a good thing I need a deployment career wise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for sharing that with me guys :)
  • mc0113mc0113 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2014
    We've been together for 5 1/2 years, married for 1 1/2. He was in VA, MO, CA, Afghanistan, all while I was in PA and we didn't live in the same state until 3 months after we were married. During our time apart, we really tried to see each other for at least one weekend a month and any longer holidays. He got our of the MC a little over a year ago, but just recently re joined the local reserve unit. So currently, he works a normal 9am-5pm job and goes to Drill one weekend a month. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards