Honeymoon Discussions

Celebrity wedding while on my honeymoon

Just wanted to share: 
Entertainment rumor has it that George Clooney will be getting married in Lake Como the day after FI (then-H!) arrive for our honeymoon. 

Part of me is all, "OMG! Major celebrity sighting opportunity!" and the other part of me is all, "Crap, I hope this doesn't ruin our travel plans getting there the day before."  

From the looks of the map, Clooney's villa is on the same side of the lake and a few villages south of where our hotel is. We were planning on taking the train from Milan to the city of Como, then a bus up north to where we need to be.  

Why yes, I will be packing binoculars, why do you ask?  ;-)  

Re: Celebrity wedding while on my honeymoon

• You know most of his guests wouldn't be flying commercial anyway lol
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Oh right Beethery, I'm just thinking, what if there are roadblocks in his village and media camped out all over the place?  Navigating a foreign place is hard enough without detours!  :)  

• We vacationed in Lake Como a few years ago at Villa d'este. We were constantly on the look out for George, but no sightings. Hopefully you will see some interesting things while there!

• I doubt media will be able to get anywhere close to the wedding, but they will likely be in town trying to catch sightings of celebs before and after the wedding. Since you are a few villages away, I want to say you'll be fine. I would just keep an open mind and a fluid game plan in case things do get crazy. But man, what a story you'd have to tell!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards