Offbeat Weddings
Options

Tried on dresses yesterday

And it was awful.  There were a few that I sort of liked, but none that I loved.  I took pictures from magazines and the internet, and for almost every one I showed her, she said "oh wow that's beautiful....but we don't have anything like it."  The appointment ended with the consultant saying "maybe you just don't wand something mainstream."  Ugh.  I'm going to meet with someone that custom makes dresses today.  Hopefully that will work out better.  

Re: Tried on dresses yesterday

• Options
    Aw, I'm sorry your first appointment didn't go well. Was it a small salon? If you know there are designers you want to try, you can look up authorized sellers on the designers website. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    The first place I went to was a decent sized salon and one of the top rated in the area.  Yesterday I had an appointment with a local designer that said he could custom make the dress I wanted, so I think I'm going to go with that option.  I don't think anyone has any of the dresses I've really liked, and most of them are super expensive.  Hopefully getting it custom made works out.  It makes me a little nervous because I can't actually see it yet.
  • Options
    The first place I went to had nothing that I loved or would even consider wearing. The next few places I tried had numerous options that suited me (though I have not yet purchased or made a firm decision). Don't be discouraged! Try different types of stores (bridal salons with made to order gowns, bridal salons with off the rack gowns, etc) and don't give up hope. I think you'll find something with enough time and patience. 
  • Options
    I ended up going with a custom dress. My wedding is in December, so if I had ordered a dress, I probably would have had to rush it. The dress designer for the custom dress said he only needed about 2 and a half months, which would include 2 fittings. My first fitting will be in October, so hopefully everything works out. It's a little nerve racking not being able to see the dress until it's too late, but I feel like he really understood what I wanted and understood who I was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards