November 2014 Weddings

First Dance Song

I thought I had it until we heard Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss A Thing. My first pick was Minor Soul - Beneath My Skin (you should YouTube it, IMO). Decisions, decisions!

Re: First Dance Song

• I'm going with the super short "song" Simply Meant to Be from the Nightmare Before Christmas movie.  Where Jack and Sally sing to each other.
  • That's awesome!

• We are going with "I and love and you" by the Avett Brothers.  We always slow dance to it in our kitchen.

I do want to make sure to read some background on the song to make sure it's not about something terrible.  I have always been HORRIBLE at picking out symbolism in literature/ music, and I don't want a song that has a sad hidden meaning. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think as long as the lyrics are beautiful and meaningful then it's fine. You're allowed to interpret things the way you want! Forget what the writer/composer/author meant (to an extent). My favorite songs are not lyric wedding appropriate so music is becoming very challenging! Say Something - A Great Big World, A Team - Ed Sheeran, Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons...it goes on and on! :(
  • We haven't decided yet.. we have 3 options... Turning Page by Sleeping at Last, All of me- John Legend, or La vie en rose (Louis Armstrong version)... it's so hard to choose!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am conflicted and a little nervous about this.  I don't dance.  I'm terrible at it!  LOL.  I thought of Rob Thomas - Ever The Same.  I love Rob Thomas, but most of his lyrics are a tad depressing :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My FH doesn't dance either, which is why we went with something short (1 minute 15 seconds). If it wasn't that, it was going to be Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love with You" another super short song, and both of them require little more than standing in place and swaying lol. I think you should keep in mind that, ultimately, it's more about what the lyrics mean to you, like what April said.
  • We are doing Can't Help Fallin' in Love with You by Elvis. We dance to it at every wedding we go to and FH sent me a YouTube link the night he proposed. We wanted a song that is a classic vs something that is trendy right now.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • We are doing More Than Anyone by Gavin DeGraw.  We literally had 20 songs on our list when we started planning, but when we saw him live in concert we just knew this was it. 
  • We went through several songs trying to decide on a First Dance song and couldn't quite find one that really felt like us.  We finally came across "When We're Together" by Joshua Radin.  It's fairly short and a bit up tempo (which I like).  Our DJ is going to slow it down just a bit.  The words are perfect! 
  • We went through a lot of songs and finally decided on "Another First Kiss" by They Might be Giants.  We don't know anyone else who has used it, and we are huge fans and the lyrics and tempo both fit us very well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need to start listening to songs!  There are so many songs out there I have no idea where to even start.
  • The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards