New York-Long Island

Affordable venue suggestions! REALLY affordable!

My fiancé and I are looking to have a spring wedding in 2016, I would like it next year but unless we hit the lotto or we find a very affordable venue, it will be 2016. I would love to have an open venue that I could decorate and give my own style to but a catering hall may be more realistic. I don't know! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Affordable venue suggestions! REALLY affordable!

• I am a 2017 bride, the advice I keep being given is to have an off-season wedding, which is generally Nov to April.  Then the day of the week, Saturdays are usually more expensive and most places have higher minimums for it.  Next you need to figure out how many people you would be inviting, the more people=more expensive generally.  Now here are a few suggestions..Milleridge Inn, Westbury Manor, Swan Club, Sea Cliff Manor, Stewart Manor Country Club.  Now I have had issues going on walkthroughs to some places because they don't want to bother with a bride whose wedding is so far in the future, so I am giving you the heads up with that, seeing as you are a 2016 bride.  Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.  Hope I helped, even if a little bit lol
  • My wedding is this coming summer at the Mansion at Timber Point which is a Lessing's location.  We got a great deal (around $87pp which includes cocktail hour, dinner, open bar, cake, table linens, etc..) and they are the sweetest people to deal with! 

Good luck with your planning!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards