Pre-wedding Parties
Options

E-Vite Ettiquette for Couples

I know, I know. E-vites (shudder) are not great for ANY wedding events. But my future in-laws insist upon that being their method of inviting the rehearsal dinner guests, and it's not a battle we're willing to fight. That being said, I do have a question as far as WHO the e-vites go to. Do you send an e-vite to ONE e-mail address per couple invited, or do both members of the couple get their own? I'm in the process of compiling a list of everybody's e-mail addresses for the FIL's and just wasn't sure if I need a separate address for all the wedding party's dates/spouses, etc. Thank you ladies.

Re: E-Vite Ettiquette for Couples

• Options
    I think it is fine to send an evite for the RD. That is pretty much how we let everyone know where and when the rehearsal and RD would be for our wedding. I would just send it to the members of the wedding party and just make sure to include that their SOs are invited as well.

• Options
    Thank you @Maggie0829 , I was prepared to get flamed for not insisting they send out paper invites. I think evites often get lost in spam folders - I know it has happened to me - but we're also not having such a huge rehearsal dinner that there will be any questions from guests who is invited. Thanks for the tip - sounds easy enough to me! 
  • Options
    I always thought that rehearsal dinners were invited by word of mouth, so the e-vite is actually a nice touch, to me.  Also, I've seen some really pretty e-vites lately, so it's also sort of cool.  I think that it would be OK to send one per family/couple, the same as you would send a paper invitation.
  • Options
    1) I don't think Evites for an RD is the worst thing ever. It does say "less formal"/"casual" but if that's OK, fine. Evites are NOT co for the wedding itself so you did have gotten some flack there.

2) sending to one e.ail address for a couple is fine. When you "address" it, just make sure to include both names.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    We didn't send any kind of invitations for ours, so this wouldn't bother me a bit for this. Just send to one address and include both names.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I would only send one per couple/family as long as you were using an evite service that allows you to personalize it to say the names of each person that is invite. Some of the evite services don't do that. You just get an email and it has the same text for everyone.... "You're invite to blah blah!" (As opposed to "Sally and Tom, you're invite to blah blah!")
  • Options
    An Evite does come off as more informal, but many rehearsal dinners are not big formal occasions anyway.

I think you can send one Evite per social unit or family.  If you can personalize the name though rather than just have the email address showing, I'd indicate the names of all persons included that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards