Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelor party...two days before?

My FI's best man has planned a bachelor party for him two days before the wedding (the day before the rehearsal) that is overnight and three hours away. My FI is excited for it, but we both have some serious concerns, like timing and we will have time to do all the last minute things before the wedding. Can anyone speak from experience about how busy they were, and their grooms, in the days leading up the wedding? 

Re: Bachelor party...two days before?

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    The few days before the wedding was our busiest time, but part of that may have been b/c my husband had been out of state for work for 3 months prior to the wedding. If you can, try to get all the last minute details done before that week. I didn't have a whole lot of stress during planning, but the Thursday before, I was in tears and was about to have my first bridezilla moment. I nearly had another the next day. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • The answer will depend largely on how much you yet have to do, and how much you are personally responsible for regarding the ceremony and reception.

Three days prior to DD's wedding, the only items needed to be checked off her list were delivering decor to the reception venue,  OOT bags to the hotel, and the boys needed to pick up their tuxes.   Guests were coming in from OOT, and we were having small, spontaneous "get-togethers".  She did not have to personally decorate the church or venue. The girls spent the day before the wedding having lunch and mani-pedi's.  Three days prior to the wedding, everything else had been done and the days were more about R and R. 

• I think it also depends on their plans for the bachelor party. Hungover or not, you will have a very tired groom and/or groomsmen heading to a rehearsal dinner 3 hours away. Hopefully just normal tired and not hungover tired...but that would be my concern.
  • i wouldn't recommend the party a few days before, the days lending up to your big day should be last minute planning and relaxing ( in my opinion). I told my FI not to have the party the night before, have it like a month before the wedding or a few weeks of the wedding, I don't want to get a call on the wedding day from the bestman saying they lost the groom... ( hangover movie that is all I keep thinking about)
  • I know this was posted last January, but I also know that brides come on here to read past threads and find advice for similar problems.

For me, this would be a major NO. As in - if you wait that long to have your bachelor party, there will be no bachelor party. That said, my fiance has a small business and I also have a small business (we do not work together). We work a lot and I am also planning the wedding by myself long distance and know that there will be tons to do three days before the wedding - things that I can't even fathom right now and its 5 weeks away.

Three days before your wedding is not a time for buddy bonding, IMO. It's time for you to work on last minute details together, try to relax and destress, and yes - hang with your family and your friends - but not a time to go out and get shitfaced so that you wake up with a hangover and are exhausted and look like crap the next day (rehearsal dinner day). And three hours away? Are they nuts? Sorry, but guys don't think about practicality the way that we do. Having a big party out of town 3 days before the wedding is an awful, awful idea.
  • Zombie thread ... @southernbelle0915‌ can you close this? And why doesn't this board have a mod?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards