New Jersey

Where did you buy your BM dresses?

Does anyone have recommendations for a really good BM dress shop in/near Hudson County?  I thought I wanted Alfred Sung, and we still might go with that.  But today we went to Ariel Inspirations in North Arlington and they just didn't have enough of a selection to really compare.  I found I didn't like the colors as much in person as I did online, so I also may want to try another line.  I just feel a little lost and like I need a really good consultant to help.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Where did you buy your BM dresses?

• My BMs got their dresses at East West in Secaucus. 

Side note: I thought I wanted Alfred Sung too, but they don't carry them. They were able to try on similar styles and we found that some the fabrics and styles weren't flattering on my BMs, so we went in a different direction.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I got mine at Macy's.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I tried on at Macy's and ordered from RK online. 
  • I went to Davids Bridal because they had the color I wanted.  I had wanted Alfred Sung as well, but the color just wasn't right.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know if you consider Manhattan to be "close"... but I'm going to assume you're able to find a path station.

My BMs got their dresses at Here Comes the Bridesmaid in midtown. They have most major designers and are really reasonable. We ended up getting LelaRose dresses (from the Dessy group) that were originally $280 for $175.

They're a little cramped, but the consultants are incredibly helpful and they have a ton of dresses for such a small space. It's also convenient that people can order the dresses online for the same price, especially if you have bridal party members out of state.
  • @mellyD2014‌ yes, Manhattan is definitely close. :) I'll look into that store. And give Macy's and RK another try. Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth. Large selection and alterations are included in price of the dress.
  • Jcrew, they have a bridal store in NYC
  • I am in love with that J. Crew "dusty shale" color.  But I need options with cap sleeves for one of my BMs with modesty requirements, and they don't have anything long + cap sleeves.  :(  Too bad so sad for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    I had a friend who used the extra length from her dress when they hemmed it to make cap sleeves. If you love their long dresses, worth asking JCrew and/or a tailor if that's possible for those dresses 
  • ctr24 said:
    I had a friend who used the extra length from her dress when they hemmed it to make cap sleeves. If you love their long dresses, worth asking JCrew and/or a tailor if that's possible for those dresses 
    That's a good idea for any dress, really.  That might work.  I think my friend is 5'6" or 5'7" so she won't need a lot taken off, but we might be able to use the extra fabric from somebody else's hem, too.  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have to 2nd Hollywood Bridal !!! Absolutely love them!!!

• I got mine at Hollywood Bridal as well. Alterations are included and they are adding cap sleeves to my mom's gown using the shawl it came with.
  • We just started looking and I LOVED my experience at Hollywood Bridal.  The people there were so nice and they had a really great selection. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I got mine at park avenue bridal in Verona.
  • I was at Hollywood Bridal this past weekend and I have to say....... I LOVE THAT PLACE!  They were super sweet and friendly from the moment I walked in the door.  Very knowledgeable about their inventory and styles.  I would recommend Hollywood Bridal to everyone! :)  I will also be getting bridesmaid dresses there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards