Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Thank you's to those who got in a fist fight at our wedding??

Two of our male guests got into a fight fight at our reception after both had had too much to drink.  Their wives have since acted no better.  One has tried to apologize (we just can't talk to him quite yet after what he did (he's family)) and the other believes that somehow WE owe him an apology (???) (he's not family).  Do I send thank you notes to them for gifts they gave?  If so, what do I say?

Thanks!

Re: Thank you's to those who got in a fist fight at our wedding??

• kidmel45 said:
    Two of our male guests got into a fight fight at our reception after both had had too much to drink.  Their wives have since acted no better.  One has tried to apologize (we just can't talk to him quite yet after what he did (he's family)) and the other believes that somehow WE owe him an apology (???) (he's not family).  Do I send thank you notes to them for gifts they gave?  If so, what do I say?

Thanks!

Yeah. You still need to send a thank you note. I'd just thank them for the gift and keep it short as possible.
  • Send the notes. Just mention th gift, nothing about the fight or (on the other hand) about how nice it was to see them at he wedding. Because it wasn't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Of course you send thank you notes for the gifts they gave. Regardless of their behavior, this shouldn't even be a question. Someone gives you a gift, you thank him or her for it. Period.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • They gave you a gift, you must thank them for that gift.  The note has nothing to do with their behavior.  I wouldn't see them anytime soon though.
  • Yes but I would simply say "Thank you for the "   " we will be sure to put it to good use" and sign your names....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards