Ohio-Columbus
Options

HELP - Bridal Gown Concern!

My name is Katy and I am using my BFF's account to ask you all for help/advice/thoughts!

I purchased my wedding gown from Wendy's Bridal in Columbus, OH on 8-28-14. It's made by Allure and I was told it could take some time - the ETA was sometime this coming winter (Jan-Feb). However I received notification on 9-4-14 that my gown was ready for pick-up. Somehow my 5-month wait turned into 5 business days. I don't know how that's even possible to accomplish.

I was reading on their website and I see that they have a Sample Sale for the month of September - Allure gowns being featured in this sale. My theory is that *my* dress was going to be apart of this sale, and since it just happened to be in my size, they decided to smack my name on it. Knowing that the sale prices can be anywhere from 30-70% off, I am going to be pretty ticked off if my dress was suppose to be apart of this.

Does anyone think I am overthinking this way too much? I LOVE my dress. It's the one. But there's something disheartening about it possibly being a sample, or being ripped off... This all assuming my particular style was apart of this sale.

I'm not able to physically SEE the dress until later in the week, so as you can see I am a little anxious about it. I emailed them twice, and finally received a reply today. It states the following: Thank you for contacting us about your concern! The girl who helped you set up your first try on appointment was correct--Allure very likely was ahead on production and had your dress almost ready to ship when we placed the order! Allure Bridals knows their gowns can take a while. So, they work ahead on certain styles, sizes, and colors so that they can be prepared for orders like yours :) Our Sample Sale is completely separate from your special order, and we would never try to pass off a sample as a new gown.

I just find it very suspicious... Can anyone provide some insight? How does a 5-month gown appear in 5-days?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HELP - Bridal Gown Concern!

• Options
    I can't say much as I didn't go to Wendy's but their reviews and people complaints, overall attitude at bridal shows etc is just why I chose not to go to Wendy's. It does kind of seem a little fishy to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would just make sure the gown is in new, clean, perfect condition. If it is then it obviously wasn't a sample and they happened have your size in stock, Wendy's said. Don't over think it. Justtriple check it before you take it. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Thanks for your comment! I feel A LOT better now. One of the Wendy's representatives emailed me back and explained that Allure's more popular styles are often made ahead of time. I guess production really was ahead of schedule in this case. She also explained more about the Sample Sale and my dress style is not even included in it! SO... with that being said, I am so excited to pick it up on Thursday! (and yes, I will inspect it like crazy!) :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards