South Carolina-Charleston

where to rent linens, plants, sofa ect...

I'm getting married at a resort on Kiawah Island, but I'm just finding out that they are charging A LOT for decor.  Is it normal to charge $25 per hour per plant (with a $400 minimum) for the reception???  The plant is just a rental - they already own it.  Also the linens and furniture seem very expensive.  Does anyone know any other company in the area that might be able to provide these services?  Thanks!!

Re: where to rent linens, plants, sofa ect...

• dvandyckdvandyck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does typically cost this much for rental. I looked into it myself for the patio at The Rice Mill. Just for fabric draping the covered patio and 2 lantern lights it was going to cost $600 to $900 depending on the company. Of course we got pricing through a wedding planner so it may be different. Lanterns alone were $45 per hour to rent. We decided to not use fabric or a planner after we saw the costs! I heard that Snyder Rentals were really good Did you inquire with Stage Presence as well? Hope this helps you a little. Happy planning.

Dawn
    Live the life you've dreamed... My Ovulation Chart
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Second Snyder for rentals, and you might try Nancy's Exotics (no website unfortunately) for plants--I think they might be cheaper than that...

• kje120kje120 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with checking out Snyder Event Rentals.  We rented tables, chairs, linens, and dishes through them and they weren't too bad.  We didn't rent plants, though - just bought our own at Lowe's.
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU everyone!  First of all, I checked out Snyder rentals and they are great!  I was told it would be $1000 to $1400 for a couple of sofas and Snyders has them for $275 and up - wonderful. Plus many other options.   Next I called Nancy's Exotic and they were absolutely terrific!  I spoke with someone who has worked with the resort a lot and he gave me some great ideas.  They were so helpful and spent at least 30 minutes with me describing the room where I'm getting married and he's going to send me pictures!  His prices were MUCH better.  I was told that the minimum for plants were $400 for 4 plants.  Nancy's charges $25 per plant!  They also do flowers, so I think I'm going to use them for everything. Thanks for the suggestions - they really saved me a lot of $$$ : )
  • edited December 2011
    I'd also compare rentals with Event DRS and Event Works {both newer companies but have awesome inventory!}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards