Chit Chat
Options

Is it totally weird to ask wedding party to be in my wedding over text or phone?

They are all family except 1 couple, who we will see in a week or so and I will ask in person. I won't see anyone else until probably Thanksgiving. Everyone is super busy right now and pretty much already knows they will be in it, but I haven't officially asked yet. I got 9 months so it's probably time to start asking, right?

I know those cutesy little poems and gifts would made me feel like I had to say yes, so I don't want to do that. I have one sister who potentially might not want to do it, so I don't want to pressure her or anyone else. 

Some of my siblings are impossible to call, so we mostly talk through text. We are pretty casual people. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is it totally weird to ask wedding party to be in my wedding over text or phone?

• Options
    hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    Nope. I don't think it's weird. My aunt lives 5 hours away and I was not going to see her any time soon so I asked her via facebook private message. That's how we mostly communicate anyway. Regardless, she was excited about it.

No poem required!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    NOPE. Do whatcha waaaaant.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I don't think it's weird either. I asked all my bms through text, Facebook message, and g chat.

Anniversary
  • Options
    beethery said:
    NOPE. Do whatcha waaaaant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Okay so I decided to be as cutesy as I can bring myself to be and texted my sisters this

It's pretty so whatever lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I don't think it's weird at all. I actually find the cutesy poems and gifts to be much stranger.
  • Options

I asked my MOH of honor over text.  It was last summer while we were watching So You Think You Can Dance, me in MKE and her on the East Coast.  We've been watching it "together" for years now, so it fit well. SYTYCD even came up during her toast, so I like to think it was all synergistic. :)  The others we just spoke to in person. 

As to the cutesy poems and gifts, I don't know how would react if it were me.  Hopefully there would be chocolate involved, but I think it would be weird. 

I don't think it's weird at all, and you just do what you think is right.

• Options
    I actually think the picture text is kind of cute. Generally I would say no to texting, but if that's how you communicate, sure. 

This is also coming the girl who looked at BFF and said "you know you're my MOH, right?" so take me with a grain of salt. 
  • Options
    I asked two of my bridesmaids over phone, and one in person.  The only reason why I asked her in person was because she was (at the time) my brother's FI and they invited us over for champagne to celebrate when I called and told them.  So I just waited 10 minutes and asked her then.

I think your text image is cute!
  • Options
    It's whatever you want. I'd probably do it by phone though. Like talking. Versus text, but maybe I'm old school? 

I only had one local BM, so I asked her in person. I asked SIL when I was visiting for Christmas. And I asked my sister over Thanksgiving. I asked my best girlfriend over the phone because she's not local. The timing to do this worked out since my wedding was in July. If it wasn't good timing, I would have done it all over the phone.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I don't see any problem with it, go ahead with it girl! Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Two said yes!!!! And they are pretty excited. 

My little sister and I made a pact that we would be each other's MOH. When I got engaged I just thought she knew and I didn't have to asktell her. My mom asked her if she was the MOH and she was like IDK she hasn't asked me yet! I was like I didn't realize I had to!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I asked all my girls over text, even though they already knew they would be in my WP :) I also got my MOH a cutesy bottle of wine a few weeks later. But, we're winos, so there's that.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I asked my bridesmaids to be in my wedding over the phone.  But none of them live in the same city as me.  I probably still would have asked them over the phone if they did though, since I asked when I called to tell them I was engaged.  (Three best friends of around 20-ish years each - no question who I would ask.)
  • Options
    I have 5 ladies standing up with me. 2 were asked by phone. No problem there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I asked all my bridesmaids in person, but I was in a wedding several years ago and the bride didn't even ask me, the groom asked me over text whether I'd be a bridesmaid :) They were both really good friends of mine. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards