Wedding 911

How are you calming your nerves?

I am getting married in 25 days and beyond excited to do so! I feel like I've been waiting my whole life for this... which I guess I have. He and I have done the whole planning process together and really have everything together that we need. I rack my brain daily to make sure! The issue is I suffer from some claustrophobia. This happens around my family, friends... doesn't matter who it is or my comfort level around those people. In large groups of people, the walls feel like they're caving in on me and I just can't get out of there fast enough. 

I'm very nervous about those 200 people staring at me walking down the aisle and saying my vows. I'm not a very emotional person, so the idea ofsaying vows that I wrote in front of ALL of those people puts a huge knot in my stomach. I made the joke to my family when I'm walking down the aisle to look down or at my FH. The reception I am not so worried about since there is enough distractions to grab people's attention. 

Has anyone else been struck with this anxiety? If so, how did you cope and what calmed you down?

Best Answers

• bekt14bekt14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    Answer ✓
    I'm also getting married in 25 days! Date twin??

You said it, just look at your FI the whole time! Forget all those people are even there. You are getting married to be with your FI not to entertain or indulge your guests in any way. They are just there to show their love to you. Let your eyes be glued to him the whole time and let everything else vanish!

As for how I'm handeling the anxiety... booze. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • tammym1001tammym1001 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Honestly, when I walked down the aisle I didn't even see who was there. All I could see was DH at the end of the aisle. I had to ask my sister later if the musician was playing music because I didn't even hear it. It was a very weird feeling and probably part nerves, but my mind just kind of blocked out everything except him all on it's own. A lot of other brides will tell you they had the same feeling.

Re: How are you calming your nerves?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards