Washington-Seattle

A Space Needle Wedding?

My fiance and I are interested in hosting our wedding/reception at the Space Needle in Seattle.  Can anyone share their experiences?  I'm curious as to costs, quality of food, service, etc.  We have been to the Space Needle together several times and know the views are amazing, but don't know anyone who has held an event there.  Definitely interested to know the pros and cons from those who have first hand experience!

Re: A Space Needle Wedding?

• @Shannon9144 - I am moving your thread to the Seattle board, where it will get more traffic. Thanks!
  • ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    A friend has had multiple New Years parties there. Dinner buffet service is priced starting about 75 per guest, hosted drinks almost ten dollars per drink. A bottle of Ste. Michelle wine will run you almost 50 per bottle. The same wine that's 10 bucks at safeway.
    So, fabulous view. Damned pricey view. 
    Honestly, the food at the Space Needle is simply unexceptional. Just not great. I've never been even a little impressed. For that price, I expect seriously good food. 

Edited to add: Asked a close friend of the gentleman who had the parties, and he said they usually, at the end, wound up between 2-300$ per guest, including service fees. Call me cheap, but I think that's outrageous.
  • ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards