Snarky Brides
Options

If a fight breaks out....Need some juicy stories? Bored? Read this!

Long drawn out story short we have several people in our bridal party who have dated/are dating... My fiance and I had a longggggggggggg conversation about how to go about this. I'm going to give some background info so you guys don't think I'm being over dramatic.

Here is a synopsis I will make it short as possible.

Friend one (let's call her Tiffany) dated friend two (let's call her Veronica) for a couple months but Tiffany started dating someone else and it got messy and Tiffany and Veronica weren't on speaking terms. However, Veronica is still head over heels, I will sacrifice a baby goat over you, in love with Tiffany. Both of them have moved on but Veronica will leave her current girlfriend for Tiffany no questions asked. Tiffany knows this but won't give Veronica the time of day. They have since became friends but aren't together. Tiffany is my bridesmaid. Veronica is my fiances broomsman (lmao please don't ask me where she got that from). Fast forward I asked for everyone's address using the TK'S guest tool and both Tiffany and Veronica are bringing their girlfriends. My initial reaction was "oh shit" literally. I showed my fiance and she said "f**k, there better not be any f**king drama"

NEXT 

Friend three, let's call him Brandon,is a broomsman and dated friend four, let's call her Michelle who is my maid of honor. They dated years ago in high school but will still jump each other's bones every now and then. They don't think they will get back together but both have said they plan to have sex sometime during our wedding weekend. Now that's no biggie because they are adults. The issue comes in when Brandon is trying to court another one of my bridesmaids, let's call her Jessie. Jessie has a boyfriend.. let's call him James. James is also a broomsman. Now if Brandon and Jessie go on a couple dates that's no biggie. I just don't want Brandon to hop in the sack with Michelle while courting Jessie. I also don't want James to find out and hold some sort of animosity and there be drama.

Did I confuse you? I confused my self and it's my story. The moral story is that my fiance and I are worried that somehow dirty laundry will be aired and we will have some angry people on our hands. Now I must add I have added anxiety because at my father's wedding, two of my step-mothers bridesmaids got into a argument in the bathroom because one slept with the other's boyfriend the NIGHT BEFORE. I was in the middle of it because I was washing my hands and my step-mom had to ask them both to leave. I don't want to have to ask anyone to leave my bridal party and I definitely don't want to have to ask my closest friends to leave my wedding. Especially Brandon because I forgot to mention his GIRLFRIEND will be there... I feel bad because I know all of this but Tiffany,Brandon, Michelle and Jessie are all my very BEST friends... Brandon, Michelle and Jessie are more like the siblings I just can't get rid of.  

I have been to weddings where fights have broke out. I have read horror stories about fights in bridal parties and I am genuinely afraid. I asked my fiance should I have a sit down with Tiffany, Veronica ad Brandon SEPARATELY of course. But I don't want grown adults to feel like I am trying to control their lives. Would I be out of line to ask these people to possibly hold their emotions until 11:31 (the reception ends at 11:30) to themselves? Or possibly ask them to speak to their spouses about not causing confusion? I really am torn because as I explained to my fiance it is poor etiquette and a little rude to not invites spouses of bridal party. I also liked an idea I saw of having the bridal party sit with their spouses at tables close to the sweetheart table or at the head table but my fiance said and I quote "hell no, we can't sit them together that's how drinks and fists get thrown"  

Knottiessssss helppppppppp!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: If a fight breaks out....Need some juicy stories? Bored? Read this!

• Options
    LakeR2014 said:
    No offense @Jakeia0112 but I saw this on Jerry Springer once - it didn't end well.

But seriously - hun they're grown adults, you can't police them (even if they also can't apparently police themselves).  You'll just have to be aware there could be a situation and be ready to handle it.   Otherwise, don't stress over it - let it go, you're not their babysitter and if they need one, hire a bouncer. 

Best of luck hun!
    Seriously, Good Idea!!!!

I was gonna add that my wedding party sounded like Jerry Springer. It's awful. I don't want Jerry Springer.. Maybe a little Maury.. but not Jerry :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yogablossomyogablossom member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Wow, Brandon is sleeping with a bridesmaid AND courting the other bridesmaid AND has a girlfriend who is invited?! Holy jesus!!

Like @LakeR2014 said, you can't really do much, aside from hiring a bouncer to keep things safe for other guests.  They are grown adults and can handle themselves (we hope!!). Hopefully, if shit hits the fan, you'll be so blissed out by it being your wedding you won't even notice is Brandon's upstairs sleeping with Michelle and if Veronica isn't talking to Tiffany. It's your wedding day! I like to think since they are your very nearest and dearest they will keep things together for you! :-)

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Holy shitballs. I recommend lots of wine. At the end of the day though, like PPs said its your wedding day and don't worry about their drama. I feel like if I were at a wedding and a scene happened I'd side-eye the shit out of them and make it known how immature and rude they are to do this at your wedding. But that would be my job as a guest who cares about you and not your job to worry about that. Your only job that day is to look pretty and get married and be happy. I do like the idea of hiring a bouncer!
    Anniversary

• Options
    You and groom sit at sweetheart table. Scatter attendants, each with their own date, to other tables throughout the room. Expect them to rise to the occasion, but do not lecture any.
  • Options
    I need to get out a dry erase board and diagram this shit.  Wow.  They are adults and should act like adults.  Try not to think too much about it and trust they will conduct themselves in a civil manner.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    IrishPirate60 said:
    You and groom sit at sweetheart table. Scatter attendants, each with their own date, to other tables throughout the room. Expect them to rise to the occasion, but do not lecture any.
    I second this. Also if anything does go wrong, it is on THEM, not a reflection of YOU. Use ideas like this to set them up for success. That's all that can be done.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Options

There will be blood.

Just hope it goes on after your reception is over, away from the location.

• Options
    MegEn1 said:
    I second this. Also if anything does go wrong, it is on THEM, not a reflection of YOU. Use ideas like this to set them up for success. That's all that can be done.

STUCK IN BOX
    This times 10. You can't control how others will act, so try not to worry about it as best you can since there isn't really anything you can do about the situation anyway.

But, just so you don't feel like you are the only one. Years ago, my b/f at the time was a GM in a wedding. His recent ex was the MOH. First, even though she had never met me, she told the bride to make sure I knew I was not invited.  To which, the bride read her the riot act and told her I was most definitely invited and where did she get off telling her who she could/could not invite to her wedding.

Second story, I used to live in a duplex and the couple next door to me broke up.  And it was pretty one-sided.  The Break-Up'er moved out and the Break-Up'ee stayed living there.  Then, the Break'Up'er almost immediately started dating a woman who lived next door to me on the other side.  This was a close-knit neighborhood that did a lot of backyard parties together and it made for many awkward situations...though fortunately no fists were ever thrown. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I were you or your future wife, I would stay out of this one! As PPs have mentioned, they are adults. Hopefully they will act respectfully to you two on your wedding day and avoid any drama.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    To help put your mind at ease, although there are a lot of stories about drama witnessed by the wedding couple there are also a ton more about how they were completely oblivious to the drama, and only heard about it weeks after the wedding was over. So on that day put all your focus into having fun, enjoying the day, etc, and don't pay attention to the possible drama. Of course if there is an actual fist fight in the middle of the dance floor that might be hard to miss. But what I mean is don't engage in conversations with the bridal party about who said what, and who is hurt, who stormed out, etc. I have heard many couples say after "So apparently there was some drama at our reception but I didn't even know about it until later.."
  • Options
    To help put your mind at ease, although there are a lot of stories about drama witnessed by the wedding couple there are also a ton more about how they were completely oblivious to the drama, and only heard about it weeks after the wedding was over. So on that day put all your focus into having fun, enjoying the day, etc, and don't pay attention to the possible drama. Of course if there is an actual fist fight in the middle of the dance floor that might be hard to miss. But what I mean is don't engage in conversations with the bridal party about who said what, and who is hurt, who stormed out, etc. I have heard many couples say after "So apparently there was some drama at our reception but I didn't even know about it until later.."
    This. The day after our wedding my MoH told me that apparently two of my friends had gotten into a fight after my MoH and I had left to get our hair done (they had been helping me finish up the last few setup items the morning of the wedding). I would never have known if my MoH hadn't told me!
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited August 2014
    LakeR2014 said:
    No offense @Jakeia0112 but I saw this on Jerry Springer once - it didn't end well.

But seriously - hun they're grown adults, you can't police them (even if they also can't apparently police themselves).  You'll just have to be aware there could be a situation and be ready to handle it.   Otherwise, don't stress over it - let it go, you're not their babysitter and if they need one, hire a bouncer. 

Best of luck hun!
    Seriously, Good Idea!!!!

I was gonna add that my wedding party sounded like Jerry Springer. It's awful. I don't want Jerry Springer.. Maybe a little Maury.. but not Jerry :(
    Then why did you ask all of these ppl to be in your WP when you knew they couldn't handle getting over themselves and acting like adults for a day?

Long drawn out story short we have several people in our bridal party who have dated/are dating... My fiance and I had a longggggggggggg conversation about how to go about this. I'm going to give some background info so you guys don't think I'm being over dramatic.

Friend one (let's call her Tiffany) dated friend two (let's call her Veronica) for a couple months but Tiffany started dating someone else and it got messy and Tiffany and Veronica weren't on speaking terms. However, Veronica is still head over heels, I will sacrifice a baby goat over you, in love with Tiffany. Both of them have moved on but Veronica will leave her current girlfriend for Tiffany no questions asked. Tiffany knows this but won't give Veronica the time of day. They have since became friends but aren't together. Tiffany is my bridesmaid. Veronica is my fiances broomsman (lmao please don't ask me where she got that from). Fast forward I asked for everyone's address using the TK'S guest tool and both Tiffany and Veronica are bringing their girlfriends. My initial reaction was "oh shit" literally. I showed my fiance and she said "f**k, there better not be any f**king drama"

NEXT 

Friend three, let's call him Brandon,is a broomsman and dated friend four, let's call her Michelle who is my maid of honor. They dated years ago in high school but will still jump each other's bones every now and then. They don't think they will get back together but both have said they plan to have sex sometime during our wedding weekend. Now that's no biggie because they are adults. The issue comes in when Brandon is trying to court another one of my bridesmaids, let's call her Jessie. Jessie has a boyfriend.. let's call him James. James is also a broomsman. Now if Brandon and Jessie go on a couple dates that's no biggie. I just don't want Brandon to hop in the sack with Michelle while courting Jessie. I also don't want James to find out and hold some sort of animosity and there be drama.

Did I confuse you? I confused my self and it's my story. The moral story is that my fiance and I are worried that somehow dirty laundry will be aired and we will have some angry people on our hands. Now I must add I have added anxiety because at my father's wedding, two of my step-mothers bridesmaids got into a argument in the bathroom because one slept with the other's boyfriend the NIGHT BEFORE. I was in the middle of it because I was washing my hands and my step-mom had to ask them both to leave. I don't want to have to ask anyone to leave my bridal party and I definitely don't want to have to ask my closest friends to leave my wedding. Especially Brandon because I forgot to mention his GIRLFRIEND will be there... I feel bad because I know all of this but Tiffany,Brandon, Michelle and Jessie are all my very BEST friends... Brandon, Michelle and Jessie are more like the siblings I just can't get rid of.  

I have been to weddings where fights have broke out. I have read horror stories about fights in bridal parties and I am genuinely afraid. I asked my fiance should I have a sit down with Tiffany, Veronica ad Brandon SEPARATELY of course. But I don't want grown adults to feel like I am trying to control their lives. Would I be out of line to ask these people to possibly hold their emotions until 11:31 (the reception ends at 11:30) to themselves? Or possibly ask them to speak to their spouses about not causing confusion? I really am torn because as I explained to my fiance it is poor etiquette and a little rude to not invites spouses of bridal party. I also liked an idea I saw of having the bridal party sit with their spouses at tables close to the sweetheart table or at the head table but my fiance said and I quote "hell no, we can't sit them together that's how drinks and fists get thrown"  

Also, Dafuq?  Since when is it "no biggie" to go on a date when you are in a relationship with someone else?  And since when is it ok to plan to have sex with another person when you are in a relationship?

Geesus, your best friends have some major issues with morality.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    LakeR2014 said:

Best of luck hun!
    Seriously, Good Idea!!!!

Then why did you ask all of these ppl to be in your WP when you knew they couldn't handle getting over themselves and acting like adults for a day?

NEXT 

Also, Dafuq?  Since when is it "no biggie" to go on a date when you are in a relationship with someone else?  And since when is it ok to plan to have sex with another person when you are in a relationship?

Geesus, your best friends have some major issues with morality.
    When I said no biggie I meant it was none of my business. Brandon is his own special type of person. All of this drama came after I picked my bridal party. None of this was happening until late last year/now and I picked my bridal party last March.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You are a prefect example of someone who should not have a WP.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    How about everybody just have the orgy and get it over with already?
    Lol I shall pass on the orgy... 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    While I appreciate you opinion, I'm going to have to agree to disagree I should be able to have my nearest and dearest friends with me if I so choose. While they maybe a little messy, they are still my friends. Like all pp said they are grown adults and I can not control them. But telling them I'm not having a wedding party because of issues out of my control is down right rude. So while you may think I'm the perfect example of someone who shouldn't have a wedding party. I think I'm damn perfect, because I have a great group of friends who love me unconditionally and want to suporrt me on the very day that I marry my bestfriend.

But again, thanks for the opinion.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    While I appreciate you opinion, I'm going to have to agree to disagree I should be able to have my nearest and dearest friends with me if I so choose. While they maybe a little messy, they are still my friends. Like all pp said they are grown adults and I can not control them. But telling them I'm not having a wedding party because of issues out of my control is down right rude. So while you may think I'm the perfect example of someone who shouldn't have a wedding party. I think I'm damn perfect, because I have a great group of friends who love me unconditionally and want to suporrt me on the very day that I marry my bestfriend.

But again, thanks for the opinion.
    "Supporting" you on your wedding day also means that they act like adults and keep their shit in their pants for an evening or two if whipping it out is likely going to cause drama, which it sounds like is the case here.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I stopped reading this halfway through the second paragraph.

No one cares!
  • Options
    aeryfaery said:
    I stopped reading this halfway through the second paragraph.

No one cares!
    But you cared enough to comment. Makes senses. K. Bye. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Send THIS to everyone.  Nobody talk about it... just do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards