Wedding 911
Options

First Fitting Freakout!!

So I am having a total freak out moment, my first dress fitting is this Saturday and I am terrified it won't fit!!! When they ordered my dress they said my top and bottom were 2 diff sizes so they ordered the smaller size and after all my stress (almost not graduating college on a technicality, losing my job ect.) I think I have put on a couple pounds, maybe 5-10 omg I am so terriefed to go in and find out that I am like a manatee trying to squeeze into a sausage casing!!

Re: First Fitting Freakout!!

• Options
    Relax, there is some level of flexibility in the alterations. Also, if this is your first fitting, it means you have a bit of time to shed some of the weight. Make healthy eating and portion control a priority for you (put a picture of your dress on your fridge to prevent snacking) and it can resolve itself. Don't do anything drastic like starve yourself and try to lose 20 pounds in 5 weeks! Just make a note of your calories, get a food diary on your phone, and try to do a 20 minute jog every day. but 5-10 lbs in 8 weeks shouldn't be impossible. 

Plus if you really up your fruit, veg and lean protein and cut down on refined grains, you will feel a million times better, help your stress, and your skin will look great! Bonus!
  • Options
    Say you did gain 5-10 pounds, that aint the end of the world :)

If you are anything like me then your stress eating consists of eating plain old crap...take that advice above and you will immediately feel better. If you've been eating crap and you switch to focusing more on your water intake, fruits/veggies, and healthy sources of protein then you will be back in business in no time, and get rid of any stress related bloat.

Don't fret, I imagine your dress will still fit, as it doesn't sound like it has been altered yet. You can try it on this Saturday and ask to wait a few weeks to let your body get back into its thing again if you feel as though you really want to try to lose 5ish pounds before it is altered.

• Options
    I am kind of surprised that they ordered the smaller size rather then the size that fit the largest part of your body.

Honestly, there is no sense in freaking out until you know exactly what is going on with your dress. You are stressing over something that may not even  be an issue.  And if it doesn't fit, seamstresses are pretty amazing and can perform alteration miracles on dresses, so really there is no need to fret at all.  It will all be fine.

• Options
    Ok - story time. I had my first fitting 2 months ago. My dress fit like a freaking glove. It just needed to be hemmed. So I went back on Monday and it doesn't zip. I gained 5 pounds, and my wedding is in 25 days. The seamstress told me that I could try to lose it in 2 weeks or she could let it out. I'm going to try and lose it (because I don't want to pay for alterations). But, I know that either way, it's going to fit in the end. Even if you've gained some weight, it can always be altered. Just try to take a deep breath and drink lots of water. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I am going to go in tomorrow and hopefully everything will be ok, I think the wedding stress is just starting to kick I. Everyone keeps telling me this is just the first of many freak outs that will happen and just part of wedding planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards