October 2014 Weddings

To-Do's; What's left on your list?

With less than a month - I thought I'd check in with everybody to see
(A) What have you accomplished recently?
(B) What still needs to be done?

Here's Mine
STILL TO COMPLETE
  • BM & MOH Gifts -- I know what I'm getting MOH, FI has no idea what to get BM
  • Ties/Shoes/Accessories for the guys
  • Wedding lip color for me
  • Wedding Favors -- I think we're going to pick up something from Disney - I wanted to do ornaments with 'Bride & Groom's name / 10-14-14' on the back
  • Dress fittings - I am scheduled for 2 more
  • Suit Fitting - I think Joe is done here, but it'll be ready Saturday, so we'll see. BM had to re-order his suit.
  • Talk to Officiant about the ceremony -- I already touched base letting him know I wanted to keep the 'thanking of the parents' and such out since mine are probably not coming and it's a HUGE sore spot for me.
  • Final Info for guests coming (Welcome Bags/Kit)
  • Get Welcome Bags all set
  • Talk with location dress shop place about shipping my dress and steaming it
  • Confirm with Hair and Makeup (and pre-pay)
  • Talk to Restaurant to update numbers and get a 'special' menu with no prices
  • Get my e-ring cleaned up
  • Find Pet Sitter
  • If I have time - I may still make the Groom Mickey Ears baseball cap
  • Print out who all I have to call when I arrive @ my Disney Resort and their numbers - also make sure I have their contracts with me.
  • Tip Envelopes

RECENTLY FINISHED

• Marriage License - Received it and it's ready to go
  • Wedding Day Fragrance purchased
  • Suits purchased
  • First Fitting
  • All Reservations for HM - might have to switch a few around, but that's no big deal
  • Paid off and signed Venue contract - included:
    • Venue/Ceremony location & backup
    • Cake
    • Photography
    • Dessert Party (location, setup, park guides, desserts)
    • Transportation
    • Disney Character visit
    • Floral

Anniversary

Re: To-Do's; What's left on your list?

• We are almost ready to go! 
    We still need:
    • Finalize transportation and driver
    • Finalize bartender
    • Buy more alcohol and mixers, order kegs
    • Track down any people who have not yet sent their RSVP

That should be everything left on the list!  We just got our marriage license last week.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014

To Do:

• Tasting (tomorrow!!)
    • FI to get something for our dads and his brother
    • Get marriage license
    • Go back for second/hopefully last fitting
    • Hair color/cut
    • Facial
    • Get foundation (I've been doing some minor tanning so have to wait til closer to the date to get a good match for the foundation)
    • Decide on getting gel nail polish or just do my own nails
    • Figure out day-of details (where he's getting ready, transportation, when I'm giving him his gift???)
    • Discuss first look details with photographer the week of
    • drop off my décor stuff the day before, pick up my dress the day before
    • Look into rental car details for HM
    • Develop an emergency plan for my dog while we're away on our HM - she now has dementia

Recently completed:

• had my shower/bachelorette - sent thank yous
    • Hair trial
    • First fitting

• @Dignity100 - where did you have luck finding your wedding fragrance?  What did you end up picking?
  • We are mostly done. We need to:

-Finalize booze (doing that tomorrow)

-Get our marriage license (will do in a couple of weeks)

-Bach/bachelorette parties (we aren't doing anything for these but I am excited nonetheless!)

-Finish WP gifts

-Final hair/makeup consultation

That's it! Guess we are doing way better than I thought or I have just forgotten everything.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Pepperally - I went to Macy's.  I told the ladies what I was looking for and they actually listened - I said 'Fall wedding, but in Florida - so either Fall or Beachy' - they started showing me options, some of the ones that I thought I'd like from descriptions were just too sweet.  They recommended Jessica Simpson Signature which seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how to describe it - it has notes of citrus, sandalwood and vanilla and then a coconut type smell to it too - so I felt it was a good mix of fall and beachy.  I tried the tester and it stayed on from morning until I washed it off before bed.

Anniversary
  • @Pepperally - I went to Macy's.  I told the ladies what I was looking for and they actually listened - I said 'Fall wedding, but in Florida - so either Fall or Beachy' - they started showing me options, some of the ones that I thought I'd like from descriptions were just too sweet.  They recommended Jessica Simpson Signature which seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how to describe it - it has notes of citrus, sandalwood and vanilla and then a coconut type smell to it too - so I felt it was a good mix of fall and beachy.  I tried the tester and it stayed on from morning until I washed it off before bed.
    Nice, sounds lovely!  Glad you had a good experience at Macy's. 
  • I forgot to add this one to the TO DO:

• Continue to pretend like I'm working when I'm at work, even though I'm barely doing anything...just getting by.  My head is NOT into it at all!!!
    THIS. YES. Every day is going by so freaking slow at work. Right now I've been "working" on a project for about an hour now that should have taken me 20 minutes... shhhhh don't tell. 

My to-do list:

-Buy booze
    -Finalize my DIY hair. Considering trimming my extensions to be a little shorter. 
    -Final cut/color
    -Buy a better powder makeup brush
    -Get suites dry/cleaned
    -Break in my shoes
    -Get nail polish
    -Marriage license (today!)
    -Favors (I'm getting little succulent plants- which I dont' want to die before the wedding. So waiting until the last minute)
    -Designate relatives who will be  charge of decorating and other various tasks
    -Final wedding weekend timeline
    -Figure out an emergency day-of kit
    -Finalize reception music
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014

I forgot to add this one to the TO DO:

• Continue to pretend like I'm working when I'm at work, even though I'm barely doing anything...just getting by.  My head is NOT into it at all!!!

Ugh this SO me right now! I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 5 weeks!

I'm sure there are so many things I'm not thinking of right now.

- Finish parent gifts. We just got the cutting boards back from the laser engraver. I still need to do a final sand, and then add cutting board finish and screw on the wrought iron handles I bought for them and then wrap them up!

- Stick custom water bottle labels on water bottles for the welcome bags and the RD.

- Finish tying ribbon to the bubble wands for our grand exit.

- Final dress fitting in October.

- Hair and make-up retrial tomorrow.

- Make final payments to our ceremony musicians, DJ, venue, caterer, favor designer, and hair salon

- Final numbers due October 3rd.

- Buy beer and hard liquor for the RD. We already have three cases of wine yay!

- Finalize rehearsal dinner attendees.

- I don't even know anymore...

EDIT: Oh yeah! We were going to get our marriage license today but FI can't get away from work so we're planning to go on Tuesday when I work from home again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards