Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

NWR: Return address stamp

Closing on a house on Wednesday.  Not married.  Don't plan on changing my last name when we are married.  I'm looking at return address stamps and with the whole different last names thing, I'm definitely not looking at anything with a monogram.  But how should the stamp look?  I like the look of just first names.  What's the consensus?  

Max & Adrienne
123 Main Street
Chicago, Illinois 60001

Does that work, or do I have to find a way to fit last names in there?  Or is this one of those cases where it totally doesn't matter?

Re: NWR: Return address stamp

• Options
    I don't really know if you HAVE to have last names on there. I'm guessing not since I've addressed mail like "Grandma Jane" and it got there just fine. I think this is probably a preference thing. However, if you want people to know you kept your last name so they don't incorrectly address you (believe me, it will happen all the time), I would add your last names.

Congratulations on closing on the house!!!!!!!! Woooo!! 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I made a stamp just like that prior to getting married and used it for all our return addresses on invites, thank you's and anything else i've mailed since. No problems without having our last names on it.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I don't really know if you HAVE to have last names on there. I'm guessing not since I've addressed mail like "Grandma Jane" and it got there just fine. I think this is probably a preference thing. However, if you want people to know you kept your last name so they don't incorrectly address you (believe me, it will happen all the time), I would add your last names.

SITB
    Interesting, the bolded.  Hmm, something else to think about.

Matt Kramer & Alexis Voltaire
    123 Applewood Boulevard
    Chicago, Illinois 60011

I guess that's not that bad.  But this would almost require me to use the same font for all lines.  I liked the templates that had a script line for the first names and a more serious font for the actual address.
  • Options
    We did a stamp like that, with just first names in swoopy calligraphy and address in type so we could use it later, but I will be changing my name and won't be offended if people call me by either name. Why don't you do just last names and no firsts if full names don't fit? You'll look like a super trendy law firm. ;)

• Options
    We made a stamp like that as I was debating about changing my name or not, I didn't. It worked fine and still works for our needs after the wedding :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Whose name goes first? His first name is 4 digits, mine is 7. If we decide to be a super trendy law firm and use last names, both our names are 6 digits long.
  • Options
    adk19 said:
    Whose name goes first? His first name is 4 digits, mine is 7. If we decide to be a super trendy law firm and use last names, both our names are 6 digits long.
    LOL at digits. Are you named after Audi models?

It should be ladies first.

• Options
    adk19 said:
    LOL at digits. Are you named after Audi models?

It should be ladies first.
    Didn't even notice that.  My brain is in math mode. 

Amannda & Mike
    123 Memorial Way
    Chicago, Illinois 60025

Or

Klowse & Vermin
    123 Memorial Way
    Chicago, Illinois 60025 
  • Options
    Whichever you prefer. If you're concerned about ever being called Mrs. Hisname, I would go with the second. And I like how that's more symmetrical. Either way if those are your real names I would change them to something fake, for privacy. :)

• Options
    No, they're definitely not our real names. Just the right initials. Seriously, if his last name was Vermin, I'm pretty sure HE'D change it.
  • Options
    Whichever you prefer. If you're concerned about ever being called Mrs. Hisname, I would go with the second. And I like how that's more symmetrical. Either way if those are your real names I would change them to something fake, for privacy. :)
    Yeah, but I'm kinda an AW, so I like how if I put his name first the giant scripted A is in the top center of the stamp.  But I can appreciate the cleanliness of the symmetry.  And since I do not want to be referred to as Mrs. Varicose, I'll probably go with the last names.
  • Options

I'm a home owner!!!  Closing on Wednesday went well, if long.  Yesterday I spent part of the day changing my address at the USPS, Secretary of State's office, my banks and credit card companies.  And I ordered the stamp.  I decided to go with last names, ladies first.

Tonight I have an exciting evening of packing planned.  We have a little work we want to do on the new place before we move in, but are considering moving in as soon as next Saturday!  Wooooo!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards