Just Engaged and Proposals

Engaged 12/23 to my high school sweetheart

My fiance (eee!) and I have been together for 6+ years.  We met in high school and started dating senior year.  We went back to our hometown for Christmas this year, and came in to town on 12/23.  As we were wrapping Christmas presents, he got a call from his sister who he said needed help jumping her car.  She and a friend were at the art museum, and since we were the closest, he told her we could come help.  We headed over to the museum (where we had our first date), but surprise surprise she wasn't in her car.  When my fiance called her, she said she and her friend had been having a picnic on the museum lawn (which is what we did on our first date) and had gone inside to get in from the cold, but could we pick up the blanket and basket and stick them in the trunk.  

We got out of the car to where the picnic was supposed to be, but it turned out that instead of picnic food, the basket contained the ring, a bottle of champagne, and champagne flutes.  

Our parents and siblings had helped my fiance set up the scene and play the parts in the (fictional) car trouble story so that he could get me to the spot where we had our first date more than 6 years ago.  After he proposed and I said yes/stopped crying, our parents and siblings came out from behind the tree line where they had been hiding (and stealthily snapping a few photos) to celebrate and have champagne with us. 

I'm so excited to start this new chapter of our life; I can't wait to call myself his wife :)
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker October 2012 March Sig: The Dress Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Engaged 12/23 to my high school sweetheart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards