Chit Chat
Options

Update to the Bachelorette Vent

So, if anyone remembers, I was having problems with a Bachelorette I was trying to plan (if you feel like reading a novel, click HERE).  

Anyways, I never responded to the text where she (the MOH) bitched me out and told me that me and my best friend (both in the WP) weren't actually part of the group because she didn't even know us.  She also cancelled the Bachelorette.  Whatev's.  More money I can save.

So, a month passes and this week is the weekend the Bachelorette Party was supposed to happen.  I get a group text yesterday that says to plan to go out Friday and do a strip tease class and clubbing.  I had a feeling she would do that, but I was still doing some maaaasive eye rolling when I got the text.  Then I see she didn't even include my best friend in the group text (who had already bought a plane ticket the month before to fly across the country and then paid the $70 to move it after the party was cancelled).  On top of it, she started giving the other girl who also made plans this weekend shit.  And seriously...FOUR DAYS before you're going to tell people about the party?  FOUR DAYS?!

The latest?  I get a text that tells me I "HAVE TO COME" to the dance class if I plan on being part of the bach party.  But she doesn't have final cost numbers.   It will be somewhere in the $35-50 range just for the class, not counting the club.  More eye rolling. 

I'm honestly just amused at this point.  And so so soooo happy that this wedding from hell is happening next week.  

File this under "First World Problems."  haha

Re: Update to the Bachelorette Vent

• Options
    Have plans during the strip class, but be free for dancing later and meet up with the group!  This MOH is really a crappy planner.
  • Options
    Why do so many MOHs become crazy Zilla of Honor when they plan a bach? WHY? 

Tell her: "Sounds like fun! So sorry but at this late notice, I already have plans during the class, but I'll meet y'all later at the club. See y'all this weekend!" Let her tell you no in front of everyone. Bet-sies that she won't.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

I kind of screwed myself over because she was talking about doing it during the day, so I told her I had work until 4pm, but I would join them for dancing later, and then she came back with a class at 8:30pm. Damnit.

I think I will do the dance class solely because if I don't it will literally be the Bride, MOH and one other girl (which would be pretty sad considering there are actually 7 bridesmaids) and I do want the Bride to feel like people care and want to have a fun night out with her. She shouldn't have to pay for having a bitchy MOH. It won't be very enjoyable, but I'm taking one for the team, lol. Plus once I start dancing I don't need anyone else to have a good time. I'll suffer through the strip class, and who knows, maybe I'll learn something new and sexy.

I'm still pretty angry about the flight situation for my best friend though. Because any way you look at it, it's messed up.

• Options
    You'll have fun at the class. I know it sounds awkward and intimidating, and in a way it is, but if you can relax and have fun, it will be just that... FUN! I know from experience. At least, the classes I took always turned out fun.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Options
    Update: Now she's asking about Saturday instead....after people told her Friday was good.

• Options
    Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Lord have mercy.
    Is this best friend flying in a Bridesmaid? Even if not, she should come because "the more the merrier! I want Bride to be surrounded by fun people and to have a great time!"

Now this date change? Um sorry I'm really busy Saturday hanging out with best friend who flew in but you didn't include.

image   image   image

• Options
    @Sugargirl1019, yes, my best friend is also a bridesmaid.  But she won't be here until next week because after it was originally canceled she moved her flight.  It's looking like this will be quite the rager with only 3-4 people maybe attending.  

Guessing by the crickets on the group text message, no one is happy with the tertiary plan change.  I'm thinking this is my out.  

• Options
    And your poor friend is still flying in the weekend after? Maybe you her and the Bride could do some painting with wine drinking - seriously so fun. Go to a studio, you paint either ceramic or a canvas, they teach you to paint on the canvas, and you drink wine all while having fun girl time.

image   image   image

• Options
    And your poor friend is still flying in the weekend after? Maybe you her and the Bride could do some painting with wine drinking - seriously so fun. Go to a studio, you paint either ceramic or a canvas, they teach you to paint on the canvas, and you drink wine all while having fun girl time.

SITB:

Yeah, she's flying in for the wedding.  We were just talking about doing something with the three of us after the wedding calms down a little.  Best friend has connections to a nice hotel on the beach, so we might just do that with a little bar hopping.  Either way, my favorite part of the next week will be seeing my best friend and braving the shit show together.  lol.  

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    If it were me, I would go to the class. I would do it for the bride, because I have a similar story of a crappy MOH and I went through hell because I wanted the bride to have a good time!

My friend was getting married and she had her childhood friend be MOH. She was so selfish and the whole bach party became all about her. We had to walk a mile in 4 inch heels and nobody had fun at all. MOH was a snot all night and got really drunk and kept yelling at strangers and us. My bride friend didn't know the plans would suck that much and apologized profusely. I still insist I had a good time because I don't want her to feel bad. Bride still tells me she wishes she had not asked MOH and instead asked me because she is closer to me and I am not a turd. In fact, when I went to ask her to be in my wedding party, she wouldn't let me ask until we get closer to the date in case I somehow hate her and get stuck with her. She's awesome.

This MOH also was super mad that Bride got the latest hair appointment, because she was worried her hair would fall out of curls. She said she would do the brides makeup but didn't because she was too busy doing nothing? She was ultra jealous and tried to ruin the whole day for her supposed friend! And everything that night was an AW for this MOH. She insisted on doing limbo in her rather short dress and she just was a mess.

MOH also hates me and was horrible me the whole time, because (I'm just being honest) she is not a good looking girl and I kinda am. The bride is beautiful and the other bridesmaids are too, so IDK why she singled me out? She also hated me because I am close to the bride and actually attempted to make her feel wonderful on her wedding day, unlike MOH. 

Of course I don't blame Bride for any of this, and I still love her and I am asking her to be a maid soon for me! I just wanted to share my horrible story and make this topic all about me. KIDDING

Wedding parties have another duty besides showing up on time with the outfit and sober. They also have to be kind to the couple. No matter how awful someone is, nobody deserves to feel like shit on their wedding day. 

Ugh, she sounds terrible!  @Southernbelle0915 is right, MOH's become such 'zillas too!  

The bride has no idea I've been treated so terribly, and I don't plan on telling her because it would be pitting her between family (MOH) and a childhood friend (me), and that's just not fair.  The MOH has never liked me, and that's okay, but it's never been so bad before.  She's downright contemptuous when she addresses me now.  

This wedding has had more than one zilla, and none of them have been the bride.  One of the other bridesmaids went out and completely changed the color scheme of the wedding because she found a dress that she liked instead of finding one in the bride's colors.  

Lord help me.  Bring on the wine.  

• Options
    I don't know if you a late night clubbing kind of gal, but I wouldn't go on the premise that all of that sounds fucking terrible. Plus don't clubs have $20 charges just to get in? To pay too much for booze and get dry humped by strange men?

Barf to all that. And that doesn't sound like there's food. What the hell kind of party doesn't have food?
  • Options
    I don't know if you a late night clubbing kind of gal, but I wouldn't go on the premise that all of that sounds fucking terrible. Plus don't clubs have $20 charges just to get in? To pay too much for booze and get dry humped by strange men?

Barf to all that. And that doesn't sound like there's food. What the hell kind of party doesn't have food?
    Nope, we meet at 8:30 for a dance class but are expected to be ready with hair and makeup done to go out....only the dance class is going to make us all sweaty and wilted looking....  I plan on getting out of work, going to the gym and then eating before I go so at least I'll feel good about going out.  

Clubs do have cover charges, but if you get there before 11 a lot of times they waive the fee, especially if you are an "attractive" female. 

I would much rather be able to dance with my SO, but if he's not there, then I'm fine dancing with myself/with a group of girlfriends.  And even though I'm an introvert, I have no problem telling guys to grind somewhere else.  Honestly though, the last couple times I've gone out, guys have actually asked before shoving themselves at me.  

I'm also leaving by 1/1:30 because I have ish to do in the morning and because once the bars and clubs close at two there are waaay too many drunk drivers in that area to drive safely even if you're sober.  

But yeah, I'm all about the food, and it would totally be better to do a dinner and then a club.  

• Options
    Oh no!  I thought it was just me and a bit a function of me living so far away from my MOHs!  I didn't realize MOH 'zilla was a thing, but I'm starting to think it's more common than I'd thought.  I have one really easy going one, and one 'zilla.  Well it serves me right for not being able to choose between my two oldest friends.

I'm so sorry for everyone who's suffered through a terrible and ill thought out bach party.  It's so embarrassing for the bride, and in my experience, also for the BMs, who have usually little input in the process.  My MOH 'zilla got all cranky at me last time I was on the phone with her because one of the BMs had dared to send her a list of suggestions for the night.  

@Time2strtliving.  I really agree that getting all dolled up for the class then doing out sounds like a strange idea.  And food is so necessary in my experience.  Always a bad idea to go drinking without a good meal in you.  And good on you for setting a leave time.  Please tell MOH 'zilla to suck it if she complains about it.  
  • Options

A no-food party is not a damn party. It's like detention. Fuck that. The only no-food parties I ever heard of are like... coke parties and crazy drug shit where they don't want to eat because they're coked up. Doesn't sound fun to me.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:

A no-food party is not a damn party. It's like detention. Fuck that. The only no-food parties I ever heard of are like... coke parties and crazy drug shit where they don't want to eat because they're coked up. Doesn't sound fun to me.
    Bahaha, there will definitely be none of that going on.  

Which is why I will be celebrating the glory of food with my favorite salad at Panera before the party starts.  Delicious AND satisfying.  

@Misdelilah,  MOH can suck it fo' sho! haha

• Options
    At least you'll know how to do a strip tease...
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Welp, I came down with strep throat last night, so I won't be going at all.  I don't want to get the Bride or anyone else sick the week before the wedding.  Except maybe the MOH.  Yeah.... I'd give her strep if I could.  

More updates to the MOH Bitch from hell:

So, I let everyone know I couldn't make it after I saw the doctor.  

To be nice, I decided that I would still pay my "share" of the dance class, plus the Bride's, even though I was no longer going.  So I asked MOH for her email so I could email her money.  I email her the money, she tells me that she doesn't use that bank.  I tell her she doesn't have to, she just has to create a username to claim the money, no biggie.  She responds that she isn't going to take it.  So I let her know that I'll mail her a check after the 25th since there is no way to cancel the money once it has been sent in that format.  If it hasn't been claimed after the 25th, it goes back into my account.  I'm not sending her double money to claim.  

Her response?  That I could cancel it myself and that she expected her money in her mailbox by tomorrow morning and she wasn't going to wait.

I can't even with this bitch.  And since she gave me shit she can wait until hell freezes over, but I'm not giving her any money at all anymore.  I gave her money, she doesn't get to order me around until it's in a format she likes.  And like fucking hell am I driving all the way over to her house while I'm sick to leave her money.  I was trying to be nice by getting it to her ASAP, otherwise I would have just given it to her when I saw her in a week for the wedding.

I'm furious.  Then I was more furious when my Mom told me all of the bitchy things the MOH has said to her too.  (Ex. My Mom made the invitations for the Bridal Shower, and even made 10 extra
    over what the MOH had told her we needed, and when they saw each other, all the MOH had to say was, "You didn't make enough.  We're short."  Bitch, we made the number you told us to and THEN SOME) 

You leave my Mama alone, Bitch! 

*Furious sounds of fury*  

• Options
    What a fucking asshole!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Welp, I came down with strep throat last night, so I won't be going at all.  I don't want to get the Bride or anyone else sick the week before the wedding.  Except maybe the MOH.  Yeah.... I'd give her strep if I could.  

More updates to the MOH Bitch from hell:

So, I let everyone know I couldn't make it after I saw the doctor.  

To be nice, I decided that I would still pay my "share" of the dance class, plus the Bride's, even though I was no longer going.  So I asked MOH for her email so I could email her money.  I email her the money, she tells me that she doesn't use that bank.  I tell her she doesn't have to, she just has to create a username to claim the money, no biggie.  She responds that she isn't going to take it.  So I let her know that I'll mail her a check after the 25th since there is no way to cancel the money once it has been sent in that format.  If it hasn't been claimed after the 25th, it goes back into my account.  I'm not sending her double money to claim.  

Her response?  That I could cancel it myself and that she expected her money in her mailbox by tomorrow morning and she wasn't going to wait.

I can't even with this bitch.  And since she gave me shit she can wait until hell freezes over, but I'm not giving her any money at all anymore.  I gave her money, she doesn't get to order me around until it's in a format she likes.  And like fucking hell am I driving all the way over to her house while I'm sick to leave her money.  I was trying to be nice by getting it to her ASAP, otherwise I would have just given it to her when I saw her in a week for the wedding.

I'm furious.  Then I was more furious when my Mom told me all of the bitchy things the MOH has said to her too.  (Ex. My Mom made the invitations for the Bridal Shower, and even made 10 extra
    over what the MOH had told her we needed, and when they saw each other, all the MOH had to say was, "You didn't make enough.  We're short."  Bitch, we made the number you told us to and THEN SOME) 

You leave my Mama alone, Bitch! 

*Furious sounds of fury*  

What a total bitch. Yea don't give money anymore. I'm sorry you're sick! Learning to strip tease sounds beneficial.

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards