Destination Weddings Discussions

RE: BOW SECRET DW WEDDING BOARD

Do people still post on the BOW wedding board?  If so, how can I register?

Re: RE: BOW SECRET DW WEDDING BOARD

• What is the BOW wedding board?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Back in the day there used to be a secret destination wedding board off the boards.  Guess it died down.  The used to call it BOW.  
  • I'm from back in the day and I've never heard of this.  Must be very old

• WinstonsGirl yeah it was definitely much further.  The boards used to be kick ass, active and the DW girls were amazing and supportive.  Won't lie I am shocked at how the board has changed.....
  • I wish they still had that! @noviaaesposa I am surprised at how many girls respond on the knot. When I got engaged last year and joined I was so excited but then started reading posts and the girls responses and was horrified. People are just nasty, although I have to say the DW board is not even close to how bad a lot of other boards are. Most of the girls are very nice and have great suggestions, it's the few out there (mostly girls who have already gotten married) that are the rude ones with way too many opinions.
  • Latillo said:
    I wish they still had that! @noviaaesposa I am surprised at how many girls respond on the knot. When I got engaged last year and joined I was so excited but then started reading posts and the girls responses and was horrified. People are just nasty, although I have to say the DW board is not even close to how bad a lot of other boards are. Most of the girls are very nice and have great suggestions, it's the few out there (mostly girls who have already gotten married) that are the rude ones with way too many opinions.
    No, we're just telling you what everyone else is thinking.  We have nothing to lose by telling you cos we don't know you in real life.  We won't lose a friendship or alienate a family member by telling you.  Your friends and family will agree with you to your face and talk behind your back cos they don't want to stress or disappoint you.  I've done it numerous times to my family and friends cos I can't bear to make them feel bad.  (No, of course we can find something to do during your 4 hour gap.  Don't worry about us.  WTF are we supposed to do now??).  The ladies here are blunt and honest, and we won't blow smoke up your skirt.  Other sites such as Wedding Bee or Wedding Wire are more likely to do this and tell you everything will be amazing and no one will mind.  If you are looking to stay here, I would suggest lurking first to see what people view as acceptable.  You will also see that these boards have an amazingly supportive group of ladies, provided you're not trying to treat your guests poorly.  

@noviaaesposa - It is so much quieter than when I was planning, that's for sure.  My local board for my DW is completely dead now

• edited September 2014
    Latillo said:

I wish they still had that! @noviaaesposa I am surprised at how many girls respond on the knot. When I got engaged last year and joined I was so excited but then started reading posts and the girls responses and was horrified. People are just nasty, although I have to say the DW board is not even close to how bad a lot of other boards are. Most of the girls are very nice and have great suggestions, it's the few out there (mostly girls who have already gotten married) that are the rude ones with way too many opinions.

What good is a wedding planning advice site without posters who have been through the process? It's great to see what things worked, what didn't, etc.

DWs are especially a magnet for blunt opinions on these forums because of etiquette. Just the announcement of a DW already, for the most part, has all of your guests shelling out hundreds or thousands of dollars to attend your event. So, it's essential to ensure they are hosted properly while attending your wedding.

So many brides confuse tradition and etiquette as well. DWs are not traditional, but that doesn't mean that traditional etiquette needs to be tossed out the window. Etiquette is about manner and being a good host, not about wearing a big white gown, in a church, and having bouquet tosses.

These forums are a great place to plan the wedding you envision AND learn to be a great host while doing it. The opinions are blunt, but the advice will lead to a well hosted wedding that is sure to not offend anyone.

Edit- spelling

• Weddings are an emotional time, and brides get sensitive. No one likes to hear that they had a bad idea, or that their "dream wedding" won't quite workout exactly the way they envisioned without hurt feelings or bridezilla behaviour. But that's why these boards are awesome. Someone will give you another way of looking at a situation that you may haven't seen or ask you to really think about something you may have tried to ignore.

Helpful and supportive doesn't mean agreeing with everything the bride wants.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards