Rhode Island

Re: .

• edited December 2011
    I would let her know you booked there partly because the convenience of getting ready in the same location.  Next, find out if the bride actually BOUGHT the rooms, or if she reserved a block, if it's only a block I would fight like crazy to get a room to get ready in. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    What does it say in your contract??  Was the bridal suite that you were supposed to have at Ocean Cliff supposed to be free?
  • edited December 2011
    Is there really not going to be any space for you to get ready on the property? That seems crazy that a room wouldn't be set aside for you prior to the ceremony. Where are you supposed to hang out while guests are arriving? What a disappointment...i'm sorry that has happened to you!
  • edited December 2011
    Apparenlty not. I asked- I mean is there anywhere we can get ready? She suggested a study/library that is on the main floor where you first walk in.. I was like you are kidding right? Should I just change in a bathroom stall? She said she would have hotels in downtown newport call me with rates. One told me there is a 2 night minimum and it would be $400/night. I then asked can my bridesmaids and I get ready there ( only a total of 5 people) and she said no. I would have to get a suite which costs $1499. I almost choked.
    Constantly Cooking and loving it! Check out my blog and enjoy! http://aroundthetableri.blogspot.com/ Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow this is shocking to me that Ocean Cliff doesn't provide a bridal suite for the bride to get ready in before the wedding.  It wouldn't have to be a room that you could also stay in overnight, but just a place to get ready. 

Hopefully one of the timeshares will be available for you.  Another close by option would be Castle Hill but a room there would be just as expensive, if not more, than $400.  There are certainly cheaper hotels though.  Try the hotels near 2nd beach like the Comfort Inn or the Quality Inn.  Sorry that you are going through this!
  • edited December 2011
    Is the Gatehouse available for you?  It's the cool cottage at the bottom of the property when you first drive in.  
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check with them about the Gatehouse.  At least maybe you can stay/get ready there.  I personally think since they can't offer you a single room at the hotel, then they should offer you a nice deal on the gatehouse if it's available.  
  • SamswedSamswed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, the fact that they wont even work with you would make me wonder what else they wont do. I am so not ok with her "to bad for you" attitude. Honestly for me I would take my business elsewhere. Sorry that you have to deal with this.
  • Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know if this will help, but I ran across it doing a search for wedding stuff on Craig's List.  Seems reasonable and looks nice, but I can't comment otherwise.

http://providence.craigslist.org/vac/1972968503.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards