New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Wedding Venue Trouble

Hey guys! 

I'm having a bit of trouble finding a reasonably priced venue for a guest list of about 75 folks. I don't know that many people and I'm still trying to pay off student loans.

Please help!!!! 

Re: Wedding Venue Trouble

• Options
    Where are you looking (county) and what is "reasonably priced". A figure would help us help you. 
  • Options
    My budget is about $6,000 for the reception area. As for county, since I live in the city, any where that isn't 2 hours away.
  • Options
    Look at Cortlandt Colonial Manor.  I got an amazing rate for November of next year, but their rates for other months are extremely reasonable also.  The owner Evan is amazing to work with and will take your vision and make it happen for you.  
  • Options
    So this past weekend I went to visit The Fountain Head in New Rochelle. It was very pretty but I felt since I was asking for an afternoon wedding with just 60 guests, I was being charged so much for receiveing so little.
  • Options
    Are you open to checking into CT at all? Our venue, The Lounsbury House in Ridgefield is a gorgeous old estate which rents for $3,000. The maximum capacity for seating in their dining room is 130 and they have the option to partition off the second area, so it would feel very comfortable yet intimate for a party of 60. We had 110 for our wedding in August where we utilized both (connected) dining spaces and it was perfect because it was really like our house for the day, which gives you the opportunity to make it your own.

Their rental fee of $3,000 includes use of the facility for 8 hours, tables, chairs, silverware and place settings. I'm happy to discuss more if you're interested!
  • Options
    Hey if you are still looking for a place, maybe you should check out the Davenport Club in New Rochelle?  It's in your price range for the summer, so it should be even more of a deal in the fall and winter.  Surf Club in the fall and winter is another option for you.  The entryway is over the top and not really my style, but the veranda where the cocktail hour is held and the ballroom are very beautiful.  Not sure if they do a 60 person minimum though.  

Restaurants are another option too.  
  • Options
    Well I am weary of New Rochelle now and especially around that area because I went to The Green Tree Country club and it wasn't the best experience.

Everything was about what they wanted and not about me. They told me I had to take everything they were offering! It was a complete turn off.

But I will keep these other places in mind. Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards