October 2014 Weddings
Options

All things food

Tell us about the food you will have at your reception. Are you doing buffet, sit down, etc? We just finally had our tasting due to renovations at the restaurant. We chose to have twin filets with a wine/Madeira sauce, salmon topped with sundried tomatoes and arugula with a broth, a crispy chicken with an almond and cornflake crust topped with cranberries and a maple glaze, and a veggie pasta primavera. We still need to narrow down our appetizers. Definitely having the mini gourmet grilled cheese with cranberry compote. Possibly a beef quesadilla, pork potstickers, and chicken in a pastry puff. I wanted the crab stuffed mushrooms but since FI doesn't like them he seems to think others don't like them either so he nixed those. Oh, and everything is sit-down. Our cake is the dessert. They will get cinnamon swirl mini loaves as a favor.

Re: All things food

• Options

YUMMM I shouldn't be reading this so close to lunch time. Your whole menu sounds delicious!

Our appetizers:

Small tarts with mushrooms and leeks<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Maryland style crab fritters with a remoulade

Ellijay apple tarts with brie and sauteed apples on buttered brioche

We're doing a buffet for dinner. Here's what's being served:

Springer Mountain chicken breasts and thighs, roasted over open coals and brushed with a barbacoa sauce

Grilled okra, zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, green beans and peppers –
    abundance from our local farms

Braised greens with summer tomatoes

Smoked Painted Hills beef shortribs simmered in a rich, fresh herb gravy

New Orleans style salad – red leaf and romaine, sliced oranges, pickled red onion and toasted pecans, all tossed in a poppyseed vinaigrette

Roasted new potatoes with fresh rosemary

Buttermilk biscuits and Holman & Finch pull apart soft rolls

Sparkman’s butter

• Options

LOVE food threads of all kinds!

Cocktail Hour

Swedish meatballs

Gorgonzola pear cannopys

Butternut squash soup shooters

Buffet

Honey glazed ham

Dijon roasted turkey

Garlic mashed potatoes

Gravy

Cranberry, taragon stuffing

Fruit

Rolls

(We lucked out with having all meat eaters on our guest list).

Cake

Tier one: Yellow cake with dulce de leche filling

Tier two: Pumpkin spice with dulce de leche

Tier three: Red velvet with cream cheese 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're having a plated sit down dinner.

Passed Appetizers during Cocktail Hour:
    Lollipop Lamb Chops
    Grilled Sirloin on Toast Points with Meted Cheddar
    Potato Pancakes with Caramelized Apples

Salad Course:
    Beefsteak Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Aged Balsamic

The Main Course (One option per person)
    All entries are served with a Parmesan Risotto and Sautéed Green Beans

The Chicken Option:
    Marinated Sautéed Chicken with plum tomatoes, fresh basil and baby fresh mozzarella in a Riesling wine sauce

The Beef Option:
    Grilled NY Sirloin with a Steakhouse Butter Sauce

The Salmon Option:
    Grilled Salmon Filet with a Maple Cider glaze

Dessert:
    Wedding Cake
    Chocolate fondue

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We are going to Disney's Yachtsman Steakhouse

I'm giving the full menu (minus the prices)

Entree Choices:
    Prime New York Strip Steak
    12-oz strip steak, peppercorn brandy sauce, and carmody potato gratin

Berkshire Pork Porterhouse
    16-oz center-cut chop, zellwood corn spoonbread, celeriac-hazelnut slaw, and stone fruit-lavender glaze

Rib-eye
    16-oz boneless rib-eye, sweet potato beignets, and red wine butter

Porterhouse
    24-oz center-cut porterhouse, smoked paprika fries, and roasted garlic butter

Filet Mignon
    8-oz filet, mashed potatoes, and red wine sauce

Deconstructed Beef Wellington
    8-oz. filet, trio of wild mushroom duxelles, puff pastry, parsnips, potatoes, carrots, and red wine sauce

Braised Beef Ravioli
    cappelletti shaped ravioli, crispy wild mushrooms, summer radishes, and flagship cheddar fondue

Pan-roasted Free-range Chicken Breast
    duck confit, rosti potatoes, soft-cooked quail egg, truffle creme fraiche, and poultry jus

Copper River Sockeye Salmon
    white asparagus puree, fresh english peas, fava beans, smoked salmon nage, refined huile d olive, and fines herb

Butternut Squash Tortelloni
    summer truffles, wild mushrooms, baby carrots, artichokes, onions, pignoli, and cumin beurre blanc

Dessert at the Restaurant
    Cake -- Chocolate w/Peanut Butter Cup Filling   and/or Almond w/Amaretto Crunch filling

Desserts at the Dessert Party:
    Tiramisu
    Canoli
    Chocolate peanut butter marshmallow squares
    Norway inspired school bread
    Fresh fruit
    Raspberry kolaczki
    coffee/tea/water/punch/lemonade

Anniversary
  • Options
    Wow, everyone's menus sound delicious! I'd want to order a few things off of each of your selections. @LaPeanut1018 - your food sounds of course very southern. I lived in Louisiana for 4.5 years and I do miss the food!
  • Options
    Holy cow! You guys are having some delicious stuff!
    Our menu is a lot more laid back than you guys. Pulled pork sandwiches, bacon mac and cheese, corn on the cob, fruit trays and veggie trays. Cookies (chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, sugar) to snack on will be on all the tables. Cupcakes (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry) are dessert.
  • Options
    @kebebb - you had me at a)snickerdoodle (my fav cookie), and b)bacon mac n cheese! 
  • Options
    Goodness, everyone's food seems so amazing!
    We are having a morning brunch reception. It'll be a buffet with: 
    -Breakfast Tacos
    -Assortment of mini-quiches
    -Biscuits and sausage gravy 
    -Rosemary potatoes 
    -Fruit tray
    -Bacon
    -Coffee Bar
    -Mimosas
    -12 different flavored pies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are having a buffet and a 15 minute cocktail period so we are just opening the bar and having pub mix put out on the tables until dinner is served. 

we are having the following:

Turkey
    Ham
    Mashed Potatoes
    Gravy
    Cranberries
    Stuffing
    Salad 
    Sweet Potatoes
    Rolls

So basically Thanksgiving dinner. And we are thrilled! :) 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are having champagne and appetizers during a pre-ceremony "cocktail hour" (as our guests are just our parents, we won't need to formally host anything while we are doing pictures between the ceremony and reception). I'm not sure what apps will be passed, but I think our venue is doing their signature salmon tartare cones. I'm so exited to stuff myself!

For dinner we're having a multiple-course plated meal (small guest list, so this was easily do-able!):

Oysters "hoc-a-feller" - wilted spinach, ad hoc bacon

Arugula & Chicory Salad - pink lady apples, toasted pecans, poached cranberries, palladin crisps, whole grain mustard vinaigrette

Pumpkin Anglotti - crispy sage, proscuitto

Roasted Branzino - octopus, artichokes, fingerling potato, meyer lemon

Grilled Lamb T-bone - oven roasted tomatoes, carrot, whipped cauliflower

Braised Beef Short Rib - broccoli rabe, crispy polenta, cippolini onion, a4 sauce

Andante Dairy's Cheese Board - marshall farm's honey, pear butter , "looney-bin" crackers, thyme drop biscuits

Peanut Butter Pie in a Jar - tko, peanut butter mousse, chocolate, roasted peanuts, whipped chantilly

We are also doing a small 2 tier cake: white cake with strawberry filling.
  • Options
    casey8784casey8784 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    Everyone's food sounds so delicious! I haven't had a chance to grab lunch so now i've starving after reading all of these! 

Here's ours: 

Passed Hors D'oeuvres: 
    -Crispy Truffle 'Mac and Cheese' Risotto Cake 
    -Balsamic Fig and Goat Cheese Flatbread 
    -Plum Tomato and Mozzarella Crostini w/ Basil Oil and Balsamic Glaze 
    -Chicken Satay w/ Cucumber Mint Relish 
    -Rosemary-Dijon Crusted Lollipop Lamb Chops w/ Port Wine Reduction 

Stationed Displays: -
    Artisan Cheese Board - Local Farmstead Cheeses, Currant Preserves, 8 y/o Balsamic, Shallot Jam, Honey Comb, Fruit Fruit, Assorted Crostinis 
    -Mediterranean Display - assortment of hummus, pita chips, falafel, babaganoush, stuffed grape leaves, tabbouleh and tzatziki 
    -Sushi Station - Salmon, Tuna, and Vegetable rolls made to order, garnished w/ wasabi, pickled ginger, and soy dipping sauce 

Plated Meal (served w/ dinner rolls and butter) 
    First Course 
    -Pumpkin Bisque w/ Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and Cinnamon Infused Creme Fraiche and 
    -Baby Arugula Salad w/ Spiced Pecans (on the side), dried cranberries, chevre cheese, and champagne vinaigrette 

Entree - Choice of: 
    -Sea Salt Encrusted Filet Mignon w/ Chive Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Pencil Asparagus, and Cognac Peppercorn Sauce 
    -Citrus Poached Salmon w/ orange fennel salad, saffron rice, and fire roasted asparagus 
    -Vegetable Napoleon - Israeli couscous topped with a garlic spinach saute, grilled summer vegetables, a portobello mushroom w/ balsamic glaze and basil oil 
    Kosher Option - (not quite sure what this is...FI's family is in charge of it...) 

Desserts 
    -Slice of wedding cake served w/ a chocolate covered strawberry 
    -"Trio" of cookie+brownie, deep dish apple pie, and NY style cheesecake with fresh berries 

ETA: the paragraph function on this site is pure evil.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards