Wedding Party

MOH and Best man at head table?

My fiance and I are from Chicago, and are having a destination wedding in Lake Tahoe up in the mountains. We are only having a Best Man and Maid of Honor. I think it might be silly to have just us 4 sit at a table, so would it be rude to have just my fiance and I have a sweetheart table and sit them with their significant others/ the rest of the guests? It's a small wedding, only excpeting maybe 45-50 ppl. Any advice would help! thanks :)

-Sarah

Re: MOH and Best man at head table?

• My fiance and I are from Chicago, and are having a destination wedding in Lake Tahoe up in the mountains. We are only having a Best Man and Maid of Honor. I think it might be silly to have just us 4 sit at a table, so would it be rude to have just my fiance and I have a sweetheart table and sit them with their significant others/ the rest of the guests? It's a small wedding, only excpeting maybe 45-50 ppl. Any advice would help! thanks :)

-Sarah
    Not at all.  If you want you could have you and your FI, the BM and his SO and the MOH and her SO all sit with you at the same table.

It is always preferred to have everyone sit with their respective families/SOs at weddings and separating them is seen as rude.

• I don't think it's weird to have a sweetheart table at all! Go for it!

However, if you have a head table, you should invite their SOs to sit with them at the head table. It's extremely rude to separate couples. Perhaps this will help you make your decision.
    *********************************************************************************

• Your attendants should sit with their SOs regardless of whether that is at your table or another one.
  • Yes, your plan with the sweetheart table sounds great.  Your MOH and BM should be seated with their SOs anyway.  So you can either have all six of you at the head table, or seat the MOH and BM (and their SOs of course) at regular tables.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Not rude at all. And that's exactly what we're doing. We only have a MOH and BM. They'll be seated with their respective friends and FI and I will be at a sweetheart table. 
  • Not at all.  This is perfectly polite and considerate of your BM and MOH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards