Chit Chat
Options

I am not old enough for this

So I just realized how fun and exciting my life is. I am spending my Friday night chaperoning FSS's first school dance. He has a "girlfriend" which is how his friends mom convinced me we should Chaperone together. Didn't I just finish junior high? Shouldn't I be going out drinking and being irresponsible on a Friday night? At least the other mom and I plan to drink together at home after the dance.

Since my Friday is so exciting I need to live vicariously through the rest of you! Any big plans for tonight/this weekend?

Re: I am not old enough for this

• Options
    sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014

Date night tonight and I just convinced FI to let us have sushi for dinner tonight. SO excited and now I can't do anything at work because all I can do is think about dinner. Makes me ragey.

ETA: I'm sorry you have to chaperone tonight. At least you will get to drink later! Focus on that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My old roommate is coming to visit and we are doing a boozy brunch crawl tomorrow!  Another mutual friend is joining us.  I love her but she seems to be drinking too much lately, so A) I'm worried about her but B) selfishly I really don't want to end up taking care of her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Tonight consists of us going to Home Depot, Target, and the food store and then maybe picking up some take out to eat on the couch while we watch some random television show.  Then I will most likely be asleep by 9:30pm.

So yeah, a super exciting and crazy night planned :)

• Options
    The inlaws are coming to visit next weekend (it's a yay! thing, they haven't been able to come in four years) so my Friday night, and whole weekend really, involves a broom, a dust pan, and a bottle of Pledge.  It will be fun!  And I totally won't spend the weekend nagging DH about picking up his socks.
    Anniversary

• Options
    We have a rager of a weekend planned.

Friday - grocery shopping. For the first time in like two months. 

Saturday - cleaning the house and making excuses not to go to a party. I think my stepdad wanted u to come over to help with some thank yous and start going through mom's things. :( 

Sunday - I'm going to my sister's to watch all the football (yay for family members with the Sunday ticket!) and H is going shooting with my stepdad. 

I love being an adult. I can willingly go to bed at 10:00 on a weekend and not give a fuck. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    No living vicariously through me. I'll be lounging with my kiddos all weekend. Maybe organizing their closets so my dramatic 5 year old doesn't have to stress over her outfits before kindergarten every day. I'll probably read cookbooks in the grass while they play on the swingset. Prep lunch box snacks for the week. Get a kid movie or two from Redbox. You know. Fun stuff.
    I live a total mom life.
  • Options
    I'm going to Women of Faith conference with my step mom and step sister! I'm so excited and cant't think of a better thing to do to refresh the weekend before the wedding!
  • Options
    We went to a concert last night so tonight we're ordering pizza and watching Boy Meets World dvds. In theory we'll make a vague attempt at unpacking more shit. 
  • Options
    Apparently we all have very exciting weekends planned! Glad I'm not alone! I just felt old and boring listening to my new coworkers talking about concerts, and going out for drinks while I was making plans with the other mom for tonight and reviewing FSS's progress reports from school.
  • Options
    We went to a concert last night so tonight we're ordering pizza and watching Boy Meets World dvds. In theory we'll make a vague attempt at unpacking more shit. 
    This sounds awesome.

Also @princessofgenovia, I <3 your sn and siggy gif.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My night is going to a dull one.  Its going to be spent cleaning and then picking up DH from the path because I'm not driving to JFK at 11pm to pick him up.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to a 'surprise' birthday party (that we're sure the guest of honor knows about) at a restaurant and I'm not looking forward to it, though I don't really know why I don't want to go. I think just because I've been all grumpy about money-or lack thereof, lately. So though I'd like to get shnockered tonight to get over this work week, I'm probably going to spend a lot of time thinking how we shouldn't be spending the money going out. Booooo on responsibility.
    Anniversary

• Options
    This sounds awesome.

Also @princessofgenovia, I <3 your sn and siggy gif.
    It's gonna be a good night, I'm bringing home beer too.

And thanks! I spent way too long trying to choose which Princess Diaries gif was my favorite.
  • Options
    Bridal shower tomorrow!

• Options
    afox007 said:
    Ok it's official I no longer feel lame about being an adult! Because I am actually an adult. The two coworkers that sit closest to me and were talking about their fun weekend plans are 23 and 29. They just spent the last hour talking about all things Disney and making a list of their top 10 boyfriends. Most of one direction made the list. I understand a who I'd like to fuck list, but when one said they would most likely never have a bf because real boys just don't measure up it was weird. They also talked about their list of celebrities like they were in a relationship. I will gladly take my boring kid and FI filled life.
    Sorry to jack your thread! But how are things going with you and FSS? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any update since he was mad at you for not letting him stay the night with his mom. I hope he's over it and loves you again!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I worked with a lady who was BSC over Adam Levine, I'm pretty sure they had to put her on suicide watch when he recently got married. She was 48 though. Weird.
  • Options
    My plans are awesome. We're filling out more adoption papers and cleaning.
  • Options
    steph11814!

Dinner tonight with my parents, brother, & his girlfriend.  My sinuses have been hurting me all day, and I'm downing EmergenC as I type.

We had flash floods all across Houston yesterday and today, so DH called my mom this morning to caution her before they left (they live outside of Austin).  I tease him that he was so helpful to warn his in-laws that it might not be a good idea for them to drive in tonight.
  • Options
    There, there. I could be worse. I'm going to be drinking alcohol free wine while finishing a cross stitch until I fall asleep on the couch at 9:00 pm. 

Life as a first tri prego is SUPER exciting!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    There, there. I could be worse. I'm going to be drinking alcohol free wine while finishing a cross stitch until I fall asleep on the couch at 9:00 pm. 

This is the saddest thing I've heard all day, and I'm a therapist lol 

I'll have a drink for you tonight!
    Anniversary

• Options
    lulu411 said:

It really is awful. Tastes like shitty warm grapefruit juice. Next, I'm on the hunt for something tasty and sparkling, so I can pretend it's bubbles!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @lulu411 things are right where they should be again. He's totally gotten over that and the being grounded and I'm back to being "mom" again. Now we are functioning at a normal level of annoyance that every kid has with their parents. I'm embarrassing for signing up to chaperone; Im annoying for checking his homework, but were good again.

Also FI finally is getting the hang of things. I forwarded him the progress reports I got from school that showed he's missing quite a bit of homework. I can only check what I know is assigned so he's just not writing it down a lot. FI decided on his own with no prompting that the phone is gone til the grades are better!
  • Options
    SmileDamnit, several years ago I had a boss who was pregnant.  We were out for a business dinner and I had a glass of wine.  She reached for it, and I gasped.  She was like "i just want to smell your wine - leave me alone."  So, for Christmas, I found a merlot-scented candle and got it for her.  Her husband told me that he came home once and saw her just sitting on the couch sniffing the candle. 
    There's a ton of recent research that shows one single drink on occasion has zero effect on the baby.  But I just can't imagine being visibly pregnant and having a drink in public, ever-- imagine the judgment you would get?

I will definitely be that person smelling everyone's wine and beer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    JCbride2015, I'll probably be the same way when (if) I'm ever pregnant.  We were actually out with friends one night while the wife was pregnant.  She is a nurse and took a sip of her husband's wine.  The kid turned out totally fine. 
  • Options

lulu411 said:

This is the saddest thing
    I've heard all day, and I'm a therapist lol 

It really is awful. Tastes like shitty warm grapefruit juice. Next, I'm on the hunt for something tasty and sparkling, so I can pretend it's bubbles!

I've been drinking welch's sparkling caramel apple juice. It's seasonal and so good. I've downed two bottles this week.
  • Options
    SmileDamnit, several years ago I had a boss who was pregnant.  We were out for a business dinner and I had a glass of wine.  She reached for it, and I gasped.  She was like "i just want to smell your wine - leave me alone."  So, for Christmas, I found a merlot-scented candle and got it for her.  Her husband told me that he came home once and saw her just sitting on the couch sniffing the candle. 
    There's a ton of recent research that shows one single drink on occasion has zero effect on the baby.  But I just can't imagine being visibly pregnant and having a drink in public, ever-- imagine the judgment you would get?

I will definitely be that person smelling everyone's wine and beer.

I know I could have a glass every once in awhile, but then I'd just want another one! And yeah, the stares in public would definitely be too much for me (not that I'm showing yet). As for my weekend, one of my best friends (and BMs) is visiting. Tonight we're going out for brick oven pizza with my other BM. The rest of my weekend will probably be spent procrastenating on last minute wedding stuff and school.
  • Options
    lulu411 said:

I've been drinking welch's sparkling caramel apple juice. It's seasonal and so good. I've downed two bottles this week.

Welch's sparkling white grape is really good. We get bottles of that instead of champagne pretty often.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

lulu411 said:

This is the saddest thing
    I've heard all day, and I'm a therapist lol 

Welch's sparkling white grape is really good. We get bottles of that instead of champagne pretty often.

That too. Bubbles!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards