Wedding Invitations & Paper

Final invitation wording

It's pretty plain and basic, but I was to make sure my wording/spelling is correct. I think it's a given that there's a reception to follow, but the reception is at the same venue as the ceremony...so is it necessary to include on the invitation? FI and I are hosting the event, it's not at a church, the ceremony is "Christian" - not a specific religion. FI and I are in our early/mid 30s, both divorced (family wasn't at any of our previous weddings), been living together for a few years, and we both have kids (not with each other).

The pleasure of your company

is requested at the wedding of

Ms. First/Last name

to

Mr. First/Last name

Saturday, the twenty-ninth

of November

two thousand fourteen

at four o'clock

Location Name

Location name cont. (it's long)

City, State

Reception to follow

Re: Final invitation wording

• Put the "of November" on the same line as "Saturday, the twenty-ninth" and you're good to go.
  • I was thinking it didn't fit but it does. Thank you!
  • I'd also change "wedding" to "marriage" but that might be personal preference. 

• I'd also change "wedding" to "marriage" but that might be personal preference. 
    I disagree. You are invited to a wedding. A marriage lasts years (hopefully) and is between the couple. I like "as they are united in marriage" myself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Your wording is acceptable, except that if you are using the word "wedding", you must use "and" between your your names, not "to"..  Here is an alternative.

The pleasure of your company

is requested as

Ms. First/Last name

and

Mr. First/Last name

are united in marriage

Saturday, the twenty-ninth of November

two thousand fourteen

at four o'clock

Location Name

Location name cont. (it's long)

City, State

Reception to follow

"Reception to follow" is always included on an invitation unless you are using a separate reception card, which is not necessary in your case.  Otherwise, you would be inviting your guests to the ceremony only, which is horribly rude!

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards