Flowers
Options

Is this a reasonable quote or should I keep looking around?

RachelarianaRachelariana member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2014 in Flowers
FMIL's best friend's daughter is a former florist and has offered to do our floral arrangements for us. We're on a pretty tight budget, so I asked her to send me a quote and received it today. I have absolutely no idea what flowers should cost. Does this seem to be the average or less than average cost? I am no way expecting her to cut us a deal, but I am wondering if it's worth shopping around a bit or if this is likely the best deal we will find. For reference, we live in Indianapolis and the wedding is in October. 

Thanks!

C&P quote below.

Bride’s Bouquet - $95.00 Bouquet to be handheld and consist of fall colors-i.e. roses, mini sunflowers, pincushion protea, billy balls, bitter sweet berries, and greenery. Charm (provided by bride), stems wrapped in satin ribbon. 

Bridesmaid Bouquet’s - $280.00 (7 bouquet’s at $40.00 each) Bouquet to be handheld and each to consist of fall colors - i.e. sunflowers, roses, spray roses, billy balls, fall leaves, greenery and wrapped in cinnamon ribbon. 

Mother’s & Grandmother’s Bouquet’s - $60.00 (5 bouquet’s at $12.00 each) Bouquet to be handheld and each be a fall mix of flowers.

Groom & Groomsmen Boutonniere’s - $70.00 (7 boutonniere’s at $10.00 each) Boutonniere to be pin-on and consist of yellow billy balls, wheat grass, baby’s breath, bitter sweet, feather and tied with ribbon. 

Father’s of the Bride & Groom Boutonniere’s - $20.00 (2 boutonniere’s at $10.00 each) Boutonniere to be pin-on and consist of yellow billy balls, wheat grass, baby’s breath, bitter sweet, feather and tied with ribbon. 

Ring Bearer’s Boutonniere - $10.00 Boutonniere to be pin-on and consist of yellow billy balls, wheat grass, baby’s breath, bitter sweet, feather and tied with ribbon. 

Tabletops - 

Vase Arrangements $200.00 (10 arrangements at $20.00 each table) & Box Arrangements $350.00 (10 arrangements at $35.00 each table) 
Vases to be a mixture of milk glass vases and medicine bottles. Boxes to be planter boxes and provided by others. Arrangements for both the vases and boxes to consist of flowers with wedding colors – i.e. mums, roses, baby’s breath, sunflowers, berries, bells of Ireland and other fall like flowers. 

Rentals - 
Milk Vase $12.50 (25 vases at $0.50 each) 
Crates with wording “Tea” and “Lemonade” $14.00 (2 crates at $7.00 each) 

Delivery & Set up Fee $100.00
 Total: $1,211.50

Re: Is this a reasonable quote or should I keep looking around?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards