October 2014 Weddings

Gift for your groom?

Anyone getting their groom a gift on the wedding day? If so, what are you getting them? Watches seem like a traditional gift - any other ideas? 

Re: Gift for your groom?

• I did, I got him a watch which I REALLY didn't want to get him but my other gift idea isn't a "wedding day" gift. I will save it for right before the honeymoon, which is a GoPro camera since hes been asking for one for over a year now :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ended up getting two gifts...just sort of happened that way.  But one I have to give him ahead of time so he can use it for our wedding night & honeymoon.  It's a very nice leather toiletry bag with his initials on it.  I will give that to him probably the day before the wedding, if not sooner. 

I then decided I wanted to give him a leather watch box after he pointed them out when shopping once recently.  He loves watches but I'm not supposed to pick them out because he's way too picky, so it's an agreement of ours that I don't buy him watches.  I ordered a really nice watch box with his initials embossed on the lid, and if you are looking for any leather gifts for any reason, Leatherology impressed me with their packaging, with the gift box the watch box came in, to a piece of fabric that covers and protects the watch box inside the gift box.  Just really high quality and attention to detail. 

• My FI has talked about going to the football hall of fame since I've met him.  He has never went and it's only 40 minutes away, so I'm going to get him, his dad and his brother tickets there so they can have a boys day out.  I might get him a nice pair of slippers too as a wedding joke for 'cold feet'.

Anniversary
  • I am getting him a watch because he just doesnt have a nice one. 
    Anniversary
  • Haha FI is getting sex.

All joking aside, I will probably get him this power drill he has been moping around over for awhile now. I will give it to him as a bday gift, though, because that is on our 1 month wedding anniversary.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Put me on the watch train! I got FI a decent middle of the line watch from Victorinox. He's not a watch wearer although he has expressed interest in them so I figured I'd start him off at a good point and then we can work our way up to the Tag Heuer's and stuff from there...maybe for our 10 year anniversary. I really like the watch I got him because it's an automatic and the back of the case is clear so you can see the movement working on the inside.

• My FI loves watches, so I'm on the watch train, and I'm going to get it engraved.
  • I bought my FI a watch as well. I bought him one on our third anniversary and now again on our ninth (wedding day will be our anniversary). I decided to go for a round oversized vintage black watch from Fossil. I like it, but I hope it isn't too big. I also plan to get him a metal keychain with his father's signature carved on it. He lost his father three years ago, and I thought he could keep it in his pocket and have a little piece of his dad with him on the big day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • We he will be wearing a French-cuff shirt (and just bought some more), I am buying him this:

One cuff will be the city where we are getting married, and the other is the city where we live.
  • I really don't know what to get FI. I have bought him 2 watches (1 was last Christmas). Is a 3rd silly? He has one like @LaPeanut1018‌ have got her FI. He doesn't need cufflinks either.

Was debating a pocketwatch with the same skeletal movement as his watch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI is a huge outdoorsman and loves all things hunting so I'm getting him an old style gun (he's still deciding which one). I have a nice heirloom to pass down to our imaginary future children (wedding ring) and this will be his.

• I'm getting my fiance a custom record. One of our favorite bands does this really cool "song shop" thing where basically you purchase a custom song- you give them something or details to write about and they send you a finished piece! We had done this a while ago when he first got engaged so I think it'll be really nice to have a physical copy of it,  so I'm having it put on a vinyl for him since he loves records. 
  • I had two ideas a smoker or a dart board (he has really wanted both) so for his birthday last month I got him the smoker. For the wedding I think I am going to get him the dartboard. He wants one thats Montreal Candiens themed since he's a big fan and he's seen some he really likes!

• leideighleideigh member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    i'm giving him a book of boudoir shots :) of me of course!

also buying him a table at the next local comic convention (he's an avid collector) - but this isn't a surprise since he has to prepare.
  • I'm giving him me! We're spending our money on the wedding and the honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI has a couple of nice watches: all of which was gifted to him by me over our 6 year relationship. He is obsessed with baseball and I got him a hand painted "wedding" baseball which features opeinign day (wedding date), homefield(where were getting married), MVP's (me and him) and the destination of our honeymoon. I am also sending him to get a bit of pampering at a mens spa in the area where he can get an old time shave and all that jazz.
    the Opening Day (date of the event), Home field (place) and MVP's (the newlywed couple's names). The other panel is filled with decorative wedding images, and even a little suitcase where you can fill in the honeymoon - See more at: http://unforgettaballs.com/more/occasions/Wedding/Wedding.html#sthash.cZMUEPgG.dpuf
    the Opening Day (date of the event), Home field (place) and MVP's (the newlywed couple's names). The other panel is filled with decorative wedding images, and even a little suitcase where you can fill in the honeymoon - See more at: http://unforgettaballs.com/more/occasions/Wedding/Wedding.html#sthash.cZMUEPgG.dpuf
  • bekt14bekt14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2014
    Maybe this is TMI, but I've been working on FI's present for about a year now. Laser hair removal- down there. Brazilian. 
    It's kind of a present to myself as well ;) Goodbye shaving!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • My wedding gift to my honey is an awesome shave from a salon at Mandalay Bay :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I love all of your ideas! 

I decided on an antique compass, engraved with a personal message about our "journey" together. It's something sentimental that I know he will love! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards