Wedding Invitations & Paper

NWR: cocktail party invite wording ideas

For a casual party, looking for invite wording ideas. Will be inviting people for 7, figure most will turn up around 8, until 11ish. Lots of beer and wine and one fun drink, hard stuff and mixers available, assortment of hot, cold and sweet apps- not a full meal but if you wanted to make it one you could.

I like the idea of "cocktails and canapés" but I'm worried it reads a bit fancy?

Re: NWR: cocktail party invite wording ideas

• What is the occasion?  Do you want it to have some type of cute/creative wording?  Can you give some examples of your apps?  I feel like "booze and vittles" would be the opposite of "cocktails and canapes," so maybe something in the middle.

• Yes something in the middle of booze and bottles is exactly what I'm going for!

Pigs in a blanket, mini quiches, brownies, mini pumpkin cheesecake, cheese platter, veggies etc.
  • The correct wording is simply this:

Cocktails
    Five o'clock
    Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
    Address

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Yes, but I'm not looking for the "correct" wording since this is just a casual get together.
  • I like your cocktails and canapés wording. Trying to be creative.... What if you served dessert style tapas? You could call it 'drinks and desserts'. That way its clear you aren't serving a meal but clear you're having a cocktail party.
    *********************************************************************************

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Beverages and bites? Savories and spirits? Sips and dips?
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Yes, but I'm not looking for the "correct" wording since this is just a casual get together.
    All cocktail parties are, by definition, casual get togethers.  This is just like any invitation.  You don't use formal wording for a cocktail party.  Just because it is traditional, doesn't make it formal.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Beverages and bites it is! Thank you.
  • Beverages and bites it is! Thank you.

Bevs and Bites sounds like more of a fun party to me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards