Wedding Party
Options

Flower girl will be holding the rings...need advice please:)

My daughter (who is 8) will be my flower girl. She is the only other member of the wedding party besides the bride & groom, so I have no MOH or Best Man to hold the rings.  I am thinking of affixing the rings inside of the flower basket since she will be with me right up to the point of walking down the aisle at the ceremony.  I'm looking for ideas on how do this exactly - I've thought of just putting the rings in their boxes at the bottom of the basket or tying them securely with a ribbon to the inside of the basket (threading the ribbon through the woven slats).  Any other ideas/suggestions? Thanks!!

Re: Flower girl will be holding the rings...need advice please:)

• Options
    Instead of your daughter holding the rings you could always give them to the officiant prior to the ceremony.  Or you could wear your FI ring around your thumb or forefinger and he can wear yours on his pinky or keep it in his pocket until it is time to exchange.  Heck, you could have each of your parents hold the others rings.

• Options
    It sounds like you're nervous about giving the rings to your daughter. If so, just have your FI hang onto them and the officiant can ask for them from him. Or have your FI give them to the officiant right before the processional.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    My daughter (who is 8) will be my flower girl. She is the only other member of the wedding party besides the bride & groom, so I have no MOH or Best Man to hold the rings.  I am thinking of affixing the rings inside of the flower basket since she will be with me right up to the point of walking down the aisle at the ceremony.  I'm looking for ideas on how do this exactly - I've thought of just putting the rings in their boxes at the bottom of the basket or tying them securely with a ribbon to the inside of the basket (threading the ribbon through the woven slats).  Any other ideas/suggestions? Thanks!!
    I would be worried that the rings would get lost accidentally.  My nephew was my RB and his pillow had fake rings attached.  I would have your FI hold the rings or give them to the officiant right before the processional.
  • Options
    I'm truly not worried about the rings getting lost.  Because I will have them right up to the point of her walking down the aisle before me.  Just wanted to brainstorm ideas to have them in/on the flower basket.  Or maybe even on the flower girl's necklace...
  • Options
    I would personally skip anything that involves untying or unclasping rings from something.  Things can get knotted and in a moment of nerves it could take you forever to get something untied or unclasped.

• Options
    I'd have either your FI keep the rings until the appropriate time in the ceremony or have the Best Man hold on to them.

They can get lost on the way down the aisle, and as Maggie said you don't want to have to deal with untying/unclasping anything in case you get a case of fat fingers that day.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I'd have either your FI keep the rings until the appropriate time in the ceremony or have the Best Man hold on to them.

They can get lost on the way down the aisle, and as Maggie said you don't want to have to deal with untying/unclasping anything in case you get a case of fat fingers that day.
    Per the OP there's no best man.

But I agree that it makes more sense for the OP's FI to keep them until it's time for the ring exchange in the ceremony if there's no other adult to hold them.
  • Options
    How about putting the rings in an organza bag inside the basket? You could just pull the drawstrings instead of knotting the bag, so it's easier to get to the rings when it's time. 

Depending on the type of basket you could attach the bag inside using a safety pin or a strip of velcro. You don't want your daughter accidentally flinging the rings along with the petals!

• Options
    Thanks everyone!  Going to discuss it with my FI; maybe just easier and safer for him to keep the rings now that I've considered all the input:-)
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

Per the OP there's no best man.

But I agree that it makes more sense for the OP's FI to keep them until it's time for the ring exchange in the ceremony if there's no other adult to hold them.
    Whoops I missed that.  . I need to read more slowly, lol.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards