Wedding Invitations & Paper

CMGragain, Maggie any other invite experts

Could you tell me why you always include the date on invitations, with the year written out in long form? I read in Miss Manner's column that the year isn't necessary because one would assume that the date is for this year, unless otherwise stated. Wedding invitations are mailed approximately 2 months before the wedding, not years before.

Do you include the year for posterity?

Re: CMGragain, Maggie any other invite experts

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Yeah it is most likely for posterities sake.  Not including the year is not wrong, but I think it is so that if you keep an invite and you show it to your kids or grandkids then they will be able to see the year and think "wow, you guys are old and have been married forever!"  LOL.

ETA:  I like to include it because it just looks more complete to me then just having the day and month listed.  But then again I write minutes for the government and we always have to include the year after every month or date we write so it is just a habit now.

• Thank you.

So, it would be fine to eliminate the year, if that line is needed for other info.

• Thank you.

So, it would be fine to eliminate the year, if that line is needed for other info.

Yup!

• The main reason to include the year is so that you can look at the beautifully framed invitation hanging on your wall someday and smile.  It isn't necessary to include the year at all.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards