Wedding Etiquette Forum

Question About Wedding Website

Hi ladies- quick question about wedding websites!  Do you think it's appropriate to share the link to my wedding website on my Facebook, keeping in mind that obviously I'm not inviting everyone I'm friends with to my wedding?  On the one hand, I can definitely see where it might be bad etiquette to basically be advertising an event to people who are not invited to said event, but on the other hand most people I know who have gotten married have shared theirs on FB and I've always enjoyed looking at them despite not being invited to their weddings.  What do y'all think?  

Answers

• I don't think you should share your link on Facebook as not all your friends are invited. It is in poor taste to point out an upcoming event they are not invited to and you risk them asking or demanding they be invited.
    Just bc others have done it doesn't make it right. :)
    This. Include it on our STDs (if you're doing those) or an insert in your invitations and call it a day. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Hi ladies- quick question about wedding websites!  Do you think it's appropriate to share the link to my wedding website on my Facebook, keeping in mind that obviously I'm not inviting everyone I'm friends with to my wedding?  On the one hand, I can definitely see where it might be bad etiquette to basically be advertising an event to people who are not invited to said event, but on the other hand most people I know who have gotten married have shared theirs on FB and I've always enjoyed looking at them despite not being invited to their weddings.  What do y'all think?  
    Bingo. This is why it's rude to do IMO. If people want to see an aspect of your wedding when they aren't invited, they can see your wedding pictures after the fact.
    Or, if they know you're getting married, they can probably just google your name and your fiance's name and find your wedding website if they're really curious.  Then you haven't broken etiquette by telling them, but they can see the information anyway.  Or, if you password-protect your wedding website, they don't see it and that's fine too.
  • Yeah I didn't even think about the idea of people potentially using the info about the date/time/location for ill purposes, but that's a good point!  I mean, hopefully no one I know would do that but you never know... as I've posted on other threads, I've been continually surprised throughout this whole process at how entitled people I barely know feel to an invitation, so you never know who's going to take that too far...
  • Yea I wouldn't do it. I love looking through people's  websites if they choose to share, and I wouldn't care that I'm not invited to the wedding. But not everyone is the same. And you never know with social media. For example, my cousin sends me screen shots of people's FB pages on her list. I don't know these people, but what if I was some weirdo and saw the date and location of the wedding, and as some random person you don't even know decide to show up and crash or something? I know it's an extreme scenario lol, but FB seems too public to me. Despite any privacy settings you may have.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Since you're not inviting everyone who might see that posting to your wedding, and because of safety concerns, no, I would not link your wedding website to your Facebook page.
  • I posted mine on facebook and set the privacy on that post so that only people I had invited to the wedding could see it.
  • @summerbride2015 is right. You can make a custom list on FB and choose who is in it. Select that when you post and only they see it. It's not hard to set up and it works like a charm. Or you can send a group PM with a link. That's if you want to go the Facebook route. I'd go with STDs and Invites. I like having something physical with the website on it just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards