May 2015 Weddings

inviting jehovah's witness?ne

One of my aunts converted to Jehovah's witness when she got married. I know that they don't participate in Halloween and don't celebrate life events like birthdays, graduations, and weddings. So I have no idea what to do now. Invite her and her family anyway cuz they are family? Don't invite them but call her and tell her? Invite her but don't plan on them coming? Would she come just for the opportunity to see the family since all of her siblings live across the US? Any of you who can shed some light on this for mek

Re: inviting jehovah's witness?ne

• Take religion out of the equation - if you would invite your aunt and her family to your wedding, invite them like any other guest, period. You have to plan for them to come but don't be surprised if they decline if they do not celebrate weddings based on religion.

You could argue this same thing about someone who is atheist, agnostic, non-Christian religion, etc and if you were having a church wedding that might not be in line with their views. It is their decision whether or not to come, you just have to decide if it is someone you want at your wedding should they choose to attend.

• They actually might come to your wedding.  Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and birthdays all have roots in Pagan holidays, so that's why Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate them.  My friends' husband is JW, and he recently came to a family wedding.

Even if that wasn't the case, I'd still invite them.  Maybe your aunt doesn't attend weddings for whatever reason, but if you would want them there, it's nice to let them know that you're thinking of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards