Wedding Woes
Options

Oh Monday

Weekend was good and busy. 

The kiddo ran around with friends all weekend.  He's trying to pack it all in before we move. 

DH and I packed and cleaned and packed and cleaned some more.  I think we're in good shape before next weekend, where we're going to have to get everything done.  

::fingers crossed:: that our buyers loan comes back this week. 

How was your weekend? 

Re: Oh Monday

• Options
    Friday we did our normal Friday stuff - Target, Sam's and out to eat.  On the way home we rented Neighbors (funny sometimes but overall meh).  We started the movie around 8:00 and our friends called at 8:30 to see if we wanted to go have drinks with them.  We actually left the house at 9:00.  I don't know who we are, anymore.  We weren't out long - less than 2 hours, but it was nice to get out.

Saturday DD2 had a soccer game and we rented another movie and yesterday we did nothing.
  • Options

Mom is here. So far so good. We made a pinky promise to not talk about the wedding. This was after she expressed her displeasure in my sister's music choice for the ceremony.

Let's see how long the pinky promise holds.

15 more days.........

• Options
    ::fingers crossed:: that our buyers loan comes back this week.

Crossing crossables!

Weekend was meh.  I hate to say it, but it was true.  DD totally got stage fright at her soccer game--froze up on the field, started crying, Coach swapped her out and when he tried to swap her back in later, she cried some more.  I wanted to be all "There's no crying in baseball!"  It's tough because she loves practice and kicking the ball around at home, but I think the games themselves are overwhelming for her:  playing against a team she doesn't know, spectators, five or so other games going on at once.  And there's really no way to simulate that, I think she just has to get used to it. 

Date night was fun.  Got up the next morning to find that the cat had thrown up at the top of the stairs.  I was getting stuff to clean it up when DH came out with a roll of toilet paper, and I was like "Oh no you don't."  First of all, he is so half-assed about cleaning stuff like that up, I'd rather he not even go through the motions.  Plus the last time he tried that (first time in the new house), he clogged up our low flow toilet and then left it there.  I found it hours later, and it's lucky he wasn't there when I did.  So he took umbrage at the fact that I was "micromanaging" the cleanup, I told him it wasn't exactly my life's goal to wake up and clean cat puke, and we basically didn't talk for most of the day yesterday. 

And because of the literal and figurative cat mess, I missed the beginning of the swim class sign up window.  This is like the running of the bulls, you log on a few minutes before 8:00 and keep hitting refresh until the next session opens, and then everyone scrambles to get their classes.  So by the time I realized it was past 8:00 and I was like "OH SHIT!!!" the only classes left were like 7:30 p.m. on Thursday and 11:00 a.m. on Monday.  I waitlisted her for FOUR Saturday classes and am desperate to get any of them.  She is doing so well in swim and loves it, so I hate to tell her she has to sit out a session because I screwed up.  If we don't get a slot, I may have to sign her up for private lessons, which, $$$$.  Ugh.

The birthday party I didn't feel like going to was fine.  Talked with the moms, DD had a great time.  And DD got to spend a lot of time outside this weekend riding bikes with the neighbor kids (in the street, @6fsn!), so I was happy about that.  There really wasn't anyone her age in our old neighborhood, and now everyone is her age, give or take.  It's great.
  • Options
    DefConn has daycare!  Big check off the list.  I'm quite nervous about dropping him off come that Monday.  I think DH and I will go together. 
  • Options
    Friday night was just relaxing and a whole lotta nothing.

The fundraiser deserves it's own post.

Yesterday we worked a long time in the backyard, cleaning out one huge garden and the back porch itself.  I'm already 89% happier with the way things look and even DH admits he needs to let go of gardening at home.  We've still got a lot of work left, but we made a major dent in it.  Now my back is killing me.  I've got a huge project at work, or I would've called in sick b/c moving hurts, sitting hurts, it all hurts.
  • Options
    Weekend was decent. We spent 4 days with my ILs.

We told our families about PF's impending big sister-hood. They're all very happy. Then we went to H's 20 year HS reunion, and then had a bday party to go do. It was a tiring weekend and PF and I didn't make it home until close to midnight last night. This morning was a big fight for both of us.
  • Options
    dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    Friday was good. DD got picked up by Godmommy and had a great time! GM and DH caught up on church goss, which is always kinda fun to sit in on and not get caught in any of the crossfire ;). Also went and saw a Kandinsky exhibit at the art museum here. Really good, maybe not quite as amusing as V's art museum visit ;)

Sat, after heated discussions over whether we were going to a pow-wow or a family music day, one of DD's former school friends was going to the zoo and we were invited to come along. So off to the zoo we went and DD had an awesome time!

Sunday was church, pick up supplies for her Halloween costume (she wants to be cinderelly because her other friend is going to be Sofia the First....le sigh)...then church picnic where DD played hard with another little girl her age. Even learned how to climb up one of the monkey bar ladders all by herself (well, ok the first try, I spotted her). Girl's mom is going through a very, very ugly divorce, so some good giggle time for the kid (and liquid bravery for DD) was just the prescription...DD was out cold soon after she got home.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Weekend was okay.  Saturday was quiet, I got to spend some time with DH.  Went out of town with Dad to go run a race.  Packet pickup was super easy, had beer and pizza for dinner.  DINNER OF CHAMPIONS!

Woke up Sunday, got in the car, got to race 5 minutes after slated start due to road construction.  Walked up to Port O's and didn't have to wait in line.  Started the race 5 minutes after gun time.  My leg was not happy for about 100% of the race, so I hobbled for 2 hours to finish, was pissed at my body.  BUT, it still made it, I'll take it and we'll go from there.  Now I just worry about my BIG race in 2 weeks, so we'll lay low.

Got home Sunday, had dinner with my parents---H made it to dinner.  We went to visit H's grandma at the care facility.  She did not wake up, was breathing heavily and the Hospice nurse said she wouldn't make it the night.  Received a phone call around 9:40 from SIL saying Gma had passed.  So very sad.  But happy she's not suffering. 

Now we do the grieving, or I try to give space to let H grieve his own way.  I am not good with this but I'm trying.  I'm taking the afternoon off to spend with H.  Then taking off the day of the funeral (Thursday). 

Also, more positive---H and I are actually going to look at a house today---it should be interesting.  Eeps.

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss O-face.  ::hugs:: for you and Mr. O. 
  • Options
    Yes, so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I feel kinda bad because when FIL's mother passed away earlier this year, I was very *shrug* about it.  But with this Gma, I'm very sad.  I love that woman, she was awesome.   Thanks for your hugs.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, O.
  • Options
    weekend was busy and too short. 

Saturday we drove down to Freeport, TX (about an hour south of Houston) to go to Sea Center Texas for a tour. This was hosted by DK's aquarium club, and we got a behind the scenes tour of the hatchery (they release about 8-10MM fish/year into the bays/Gulf of Mexico along the TX Gulf Coast.) Since my company has facilities in the area, I took DK and Wolverine to my favorite BBQ place. We went to another restaurant with the fish club people for dinner. After dinner, we drove to one of the local beaches for a little while, and then another 1.5 hours home. 

On Sunday, I broke out the new sweeper, and it was awesome. I don't think our area rug has been that clean since we took it out of the package. I had a massage scheduled for mid afternoon, and then we went out to dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse. I also got a lot of laundry done, since I'll be leaving for Vegas in a few days, and I need to pack. 
  • Options
    Sorry for your family's loss, O-face.  I know you'll be able to support your DH however he needs it.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss, O-face. How is your husband doing? 
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss, O-face.

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss OFace.

Weekend was eh. DH came home early Friday so I took off to shop at the mall. I went for jeans and got 2 shirts.  Saturday we went to the park, lunch, then soccer.

Sunday DH went to see his grandfather who is not doing well.  He said he'd be home shortly after lunch. I got a text at 12:45 saying "having pizza with mom then heading home."  He didn't leave until 2 and didn't get home until after 3.  I was not a happy girl.

DH came home for lunch and now he's off to Montreal for the rest of the week.  It's going to suck.

• Options
    O, sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers for your husband's family.

This weekends was okay. Friday, I thought it was Bunco. Nope, totally wrong. Drove out and looked like an idiot wondering why no one was showing up. Turns out it was on Saturday. It was fun but this is the second meet up with this group and I feel like everyone has developed their friendships. I'm definitely going to keep going. This week there is a wine meet up.

I am super proud of myself- I worked out 7 days in a row. I managed to do my workouts this weekend and I'm glad I did. After 7 days, I just feel good after I workout. Not dead and drained like the beginning. I feel like I'm getting toned as well. My only other issue is that I need to go to bed early because waking up at 5:30 am is hard when you go to bed at like 11 pm.

Today, we are buying the tile for our downstairs floors. This is how I feel:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards