Attire & Accessories Forum

Jewelry Question

Ok this might be a weird question, but I rarely wear jewelry. I have one necklace (white gold) that I wear just about every day and my engagement ring is white gold (my favorite). The future hubby's grandmother has a rose gold bangle-type bracelet that was her grandmother's and asked if I would like to wear it on the wedding day. Well I would, I think it's adorable and I love anything that has family ties/meaning to it.. I'm concerned though that it will clash with my rings (maybe I'll wear it on the right wrist) anyways... now I'm confused on what other type of jewelry to wear. Hmm.. Any thoughts? I know people mix and match metal types but I've never really experimented with that. Help? I'm attaching some pictures I took of it the other day as well just in case that helps. 

Re: Jewelry Question

• Personally, I rarely pay that much attention to what jewelry the bride is wearing so I would probably not even notice that the two golds are different colors.

As for what other jewelry, well if you have the bracelet and a necklace then I would wear a simple pair of earrings (if you want) and that is about it.  You don't want too much jewelry because the focus should be on you not your jewels (unless of course you are the Queen and have a ridiculously fabulous tiara/crown on).

• I think it's a sweet, sentimental gesture.  If you are worried about it being too mismatched, just switch to right arm like you were thinking.  Coco Chanel once said something along the lines of before leaving the house each day, take one thing off.  So just don't clutter yourself up with other pieces--big earrings, necklace, more bracelets, etc.  Edit with a critical eye so the piece(s) you care about most can shine.  
  • Yeah I agree less is more, especially since I only have my normal staples. I don't want to deviate too much from just being me. I don't know if I'll even wear a necklace/earring set.. probably just one or the other. Just wasn't sure what to do with the different metals :P Thanks guys!

• I love the sentimentality more than I would care about the metal. That's really sweet.

Won't you have your E ring on your right hand during the ceremony and move it over after? It won't really matter which wrist you have it on then, besides your left hand being in more pictures later.

• I wore a very similar rose gold bracelet that my grandma, mom and sister all wore on their wedding days. My rings and earrings are white gold. I didn't even think about it until I read this post. I doubt anyone else did either.
    *********************************************************************************

• I got a rose-tone watch for my birthday several weeks ago and have worn it with my white gold and sapphire wedding set every single day since.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Jewelry metals do not ever clash.  Yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, silver, platinum.  Any combination is fine.  Just avoid too much.  I dislike the drag queen look of chandelier choker necklaces and earrings.
    That bracelet is charming!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I agree with other PPs. I think that bracelet, which is beautiful, your rings, and a simple pair of earrings would be great. The metal of the earrings could be anything; match the bracelet, your rings, or whatever. People won't notice or care about the different metals.

I personally hate when jewelry all matches perfectly. It makes it seem less special. If the pieces don't match, it gives more of an impression that each one was selected individually, for its own sake, and not bought in a matchy "set." If that makes sense. 
  • Thank you so much for all the feedback. I'm always matchy matchy with my golds so I guess I thought it was a bigger deal than it is! :) I appreciate it, and yes I agree anything with sentimental value is worth much more than matching! Can't wait to wear the bracelet! Thanks again ladies! <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards