Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation Wording?

To spare ourselves a boatload of drama we decided to have a destination wedding and just take a few close friends with us, so none of our families will be invited to the wedding itself, but they will be invited to a reception/party when we get back. How do you word something like that so that there is no mistake that there will be no wedding at the event we're inviting them to. And is it bad etiquette to send save the dates or should we maybe just send engagement announcements and then send the invitation to the reception later? I'm so lost here!!
C&C

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitation Wording?

• Never mail engagement announcements!  They are rude.  Engagement announcements may be printed in the newspaper.
    Do not send Save the Dates.  They are for weddings only.

Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    will be married on date
    City, State or Country

The pleasure of your company is requested
    to celebrate their marriage
    Day, date
    time o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    City, State
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I don't have a groom, but thanks for the feedback. :)
    C&C

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Then yep, exactly what Ms. CM suggested, except names either A: alphabetical order, or B: whichever way looks best design wise.  :)
  • It's rude to invite people to wedding related events if they aren't invited to the wedding.  That includes an "at home reception".  The AHR should be for people who couldn't make the trip to the DW, not a consolation prize for those note invited.

STDs are for weddings.  You wouldn't send a STD for an after wedding party.  
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    It's rude to invite people to wedding related events if they aren't invited to the wedding.  That includes an "at home reception".  The AHR should be for people who couldn't make the trip to the DW, not a consolation prize for those note invited.

STDs are for weddings.  You wouldn't send a STD for an after wedding party.  
    I respectfully disagree.  The celebration party is not a part of the wedding.  It is a separate party.  Since it is not a part of the wedding, she can invite whomever she wants.  However, any attempt to make it a "second wedding reception" would be rude.  I don't think the OP is planning to do that.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Then yep, exactly what Ms. CM suggested, except names either A: alphabetical order, or B: whichever way looks best design wise.  :)
    Oops!  I missed that.  Blame my weak eyes.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • There is no second wedding reception, this is the only one we're having so I also have to disagree that it's rude to invite people to the reception when they aren't invited to the wedding. We have very personal reasons for not inviting them to our wedding to eliminate drama,but we're trying to have something that they can still come to and celebrate with us without violating our wishes.
    C&C

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    luckyus10 said:
    There is no second wedding reception, this is the only one we're having so I also have to disagree that it's rude to invite people to the reception when they aren't invited to the wedding. We have very personal reasons for not inviting them to our wedding to eliminate drama,but we're trying to have something that they can still come to and celebrate with us without violating our wishes.
    This is not a wedding reception at all.  A wedding reception is on your wedding day, and it is a thank you to your guests for coming to your wedding.  If you have ANY guests, even a few, you must have a reception for them after the ceremony.  This can be as simple as dinner at a nice restaurant, or it can be cake and punch at your home.
    Anything that happens after your wedding day is NOT part of your wedding, and it can not be a "wedding reception".  You can have as many parties to celebrate your marriage as your wish - just don't call them "wedding reception"s, or do any wedding related activities.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards