Attire & Accessories Forum

Dessy Collection Frost vs Platinum

HELP! I'm trying to decide between the two colors - Frost and Platinum. I like the idea of the frost but I don't want it to be to light and clash with my dress and the platinum kind of looks like it has a blue-ish tint in some pictures (which I don't really want)....Anyone have any real life pictures of their bridesmaids in either color? 

Re: Dessy Collection Frost vs Platinum

• Are you only looking at these colors in pictures/on screen or have you seen it in person? Order a swatch of the fabric and see how you like the color/sheen.  

FWIW, neither of them should clash with your dress. Shades of gray and white are neutrals and should look fine together.

• I didn't like the blue undertones of platinum and went with oyster. However, you also have to think about the type of material the girls will be in. Satin in one color looks way different if you have it in chiffon.

I suggest stopping by a store that carries the dresses-they usually have a book with the entire Dessy collection (Aftersix, Alfred Sung, Dessy, Lela Rose, Social) and it includes all the swatches.

imageimage

• Another vote for comparing swatches in both the colors and fabrics you are thinking of.  I thought I liked one thing when I was looking online but when I went to the store it looked horrible on the chiffon fabric I really wanted for the girls (August wedding in Central PA = 80's or possibly 90's!).  I ended up chosing a different shade of blue and then told the girls to pick whatever style dress in that color.

(Also, the weather was gorgeous the weekend we got married and it ended up being much cooler than average, so no one died in the heat!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards