Not Engaged Yet

Can I sit with you guys?

Hi Ladies,

I've been a lurker on the boards for a while since between 2013-2015 I have been/will be a bridesmaid in 6! weddings, and used the boards to help get answers to questions the brides had.  You seem like a great group of ladies that I'd like to hang out with! I know there were some intro questions at one point, here are the ones I remember answers to.

Age 26

SO's Age: 26

SO's occupation: Architect

Time together: 6 months

Favorite Activity to do together: Bike ride through our favorite park

Favorite TV show: Big Bang Theory

Thanks for letting me crash the party and I look forward to getting to know you guys better!

Re: Can I sit with you guys?

• Hi there! Welcome!

You missed some questions! ;)

What's your favorite thing about your SO?

Least favorite?

How do you like your potatoes?

What was your most favorite bridesmaids dress? Least favorite? Any epic bridesmaids dress disasters?

• Welcome! What has been your biggest Pinterest disaster (cooking, crafts, etc.)?
  • Hi and welcome!

What was the best vacation you went on?

Anniversary

• Hi there!

What kind of business do you own? Read any good books lately?

• Pets? Pictures required.

Movie you're looking forward to seeing?

Wine? 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I love Big Bang Theory! Welcome to NEY! If you could go on a trip, no expense spared...where would you go?
  • MsSparkyMsSparky member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Favorite thing about SO: He can always make me smile. Also, I love that he's so passionate about everything he does.

Least Favorite: He's always running 10-15 minutes late, so now when he says he'll be somewhere at 5:30, I just plan for 5:45

Bridesmaid Dresses: I have some pretty awesome friends-every single one has been "here's the color and length, get something you'll wear again". There's one in 2015 that's going to be a long navy blue, and I prefer short dresses, but she's been one of my closest friends since we were 12 so I'll wear it and smile!

Best Vacation: Totally not a vacation, but I got to study abroad in London in college, and I went to Greece while I was there. Would love to go back one day!

Pinterest Disaster: Thinking I could remodel my basement by myself! It's still three quarters painted and the carpet half ripped up. I'll pick it up again this winter

Book: We went and saw the Giver over the weekend, so I re-read the book this week.

Pets-3 cats, 1 girl two boys (not sure how to post a picture, but I will, promise!)

Type of business: Specialty running store. I do more of the office work than the fittings anymore, but I love love love fitting runners for new shoes and seeing them accomplish their goals. I've gotten to meet some really inspirational people in the last three years! One woman has lost 150 pounds since the day I met her!

Wine: Yes. But only white.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Hi! What type of business do you own? My dad owns his own business, I know how crazy stressful it can be, I don't think I could do it!

ETA: Oops, someone already asked you that question! I'll ask a different one - how did you and your SO meet?

• How we met: We were set up on a blind date by my mom and his step mom. His step mom did one of our couch-to-5K classes at the store, and my mom helps me coach it, which is how they know each other. SO is a race director for two local very small triathlons. My mom was watching it, and his step mom asked her if I was single, and they gave us each others information. I wasn't going to do anything with it, but my mom kept badgering me, so I finally asked him if we could go for coffee and we've been together ever since!
  • Haha...the power of a mom's nagging!

• OOH what kind of white wine do you like? I'm big into riesling & moscato lately.

What part of the country are you in? 

What kind of coffee did you order on your first date? 

*******************************************************************************************

• WELCOME!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Welcome! You can sit with us as long as you are and stay sane :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    This makes me sad :(

Welcome! 

Since no one else has asked the most important question:
    Do you like guacamole?
  • Your kitties are adorable!

Anniversary

• Hi and welcome! Your kitties are super cute :)

Big Bang Theory is awesome; what other shows do you like? What's your most embarrassing guilty pleasure show?

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Do you think you would survive a zombie apocalypse?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• MsSparky said:
    Favorite thing about SO: He can always make me smile. Also, I love that he's so passionate about everything he does.

Least Favorite: He's always running 10-15 minutes late, so now when he says he'll be somewhere at 5:30, I just plan for 5:45

Bridesmaid Dresses: I have some pretty awesome friends-every single one has been "here's the color and length, get something you'll wear again". There's one in 2015 that's going to be a long navy blue, and I prefer short dresses, but she's been one of my closest friends since we were 12 so I'll wear it and smile!

Best Vacation: Totally not a vacation, but I got to study abroad in London in college, and I went to Greece while I was there. Would love to go back one day!

Pinterest Disaster: Thinking I could remodel my basement by myself! It's still three quarters painted and the carpet half ripped up. I'll pick it up again this winter

Book: We went and saw the Giver over the weekend, so I re-read the book this week.

Pets-3 cats, 1 girl two boys (not sure how to post a picture, but I will, promise!)

Type of business: Specialty running store. I do more of the office work than the fittings anymore, but I love love love fitting runners for new shoes and seeing them accomplish their goals. I've gotten to meet some really inspirational people in the last three years! One woman has lost 150 pounds since the day I met her!

Hi welcome!  Your cats are cute and the bolded made me like you even more.  It also made me remember that I need to go get some new shoes!  I'll be awkward and post the which NEY'er do you love and which ones do you love to hate question!
    Formerly doubless07
  • Yay, another Marylander!
  • MsSparky said:

Hi welcome!  Your cats are cute and the bolded made me like you even more.  It also made me remember that I need to go get some new shoes!  I'll be awkward and post the which NEY'er do you love and which ones do you love to hate question!
    I love this question!

My dad is a runner! He ran a 60 mile race at the beginning of the summer! How did you like The Giver movie? I read the book this summer because somehow I am one of the only people who didn't have it as required reading in school, the trailers didn't look like it stuck to the book very well.

• You can totally make fun of me for my guilty pleasure show: Dance Moms. I have watched every episode starting with the first season.

Guacamole: YES. There's a Mexican restaurant in the shopping center where I work and sometimes I go for lunch and just get the fresh guac.

Awkward Turtle question about favorite/least favorite: uuuummmm......I really like @bethsmiles and @phria since these ladies seem to always give very sound logical advice, and I'm a sucker for the logical part of the brain. I feel like I haven't been around long enough to have a love to hate poster yet. 

Aside from the movie being a bit modernized, and increasing the role Fiona played, I felt like it actually followed the book VERY well. Better than most books-to-movies.

• You like guac.. image
  • Really? I'm surprised to hear that! Maybe I'll see the movie after all.

• Hi!! Greece was also one of my favorite places :) Hope you hit up the islands and not just the mainland! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards