Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Photo Booth Hours

We are looking into hiring a photo booth for 3 hours, and I am trying to figure out what hours would be best.  We are having a cocktail hour from 6:30-7:30, and then bridal party entrance/speeches/first dances from 7:30-8pm, and dinner served around 8pm. The reception ends at 11:30.  I am sure there are some opinions on the timeline, but I cannot change those times.  I am more interested in hearing feedback on what hours we should book the photo booth.  Thank you :)

Re: Photo Booth Hours

• Options
    The best pictures from out photo booth were late at night after people had a few drinks. If I were you, I'd have it 8-11pm.

Is it an option to pay for extra time to have it during cocktail hour? We also had some good pics then and it was a nice segway into the party.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I'd go 8:30 to 11:30 - if dinner is served at 8 your first half hour (at least) would be wasted as people eat.

If the vendor would allow a gap in the time, I would try to do 6:30-7:30, then close it during dinner, then open again 9-11.

• Options
    Later in the evening for sure, the best pics are always when people are drunk :)
  • Options
    We had a 3 hour photo booth and had it start 30 minutes after dinner began.  We made sure to put that on our DJ's timeline so he could announce when it began for the guests and he even reminded people every 30 minutes or so.  My best friend did the same at her wedding and it worked well at both.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I work at a wedding venue in North Georgia and I can tell you that 8-11 would be the best time. Someone said the first hour would be a waste, but this is not necessarily true. Not everybody is going to get their food at once (or they might, I don't know how your catering situation is set up), but even if they do, you could have the DJ announce it anyway and keep reminding people. 

I can tell you one thing, after people have had a few drinks it's a hit. After people have had a few drinks AND eaten, it's an even bigger hit. So, 8-11. It might be a slow first 30 minutes like I said, but it'll be a hit the remaining 2 and a half hours.

PS. I've seen a lot of brides walk down the isles, and brides just have a way of looking stunningly gorgeous, as I'm sure you will. So, you just look pretty and enjoy your day!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Love is easy to do, but hard to find, and even harder to keep.
    A couples bucket list can keep you focused.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards