Chit Chat
Options

Reception with stations thread gone

There was a thread on Receptions that's gone today. I assume the OP asked that her TK account be deleted. She asked about stations being enough for dinner. As I recall, she had not enough indoor seating for her guests, had a 1:00 wedding with a gap until about 4:30 or 5:00, and had a private, family only luncheon in the gap. I believe, too, that there was some name calling and hissy fits when the SS read the replies. Does anybody recall this or did I dream this?

Re: Reception with stations thread gone

• Options
    ...I hope you dreamt that. So that this can turn into a weird dreams thread. Because damn if I didn't have a weird dream last night.

I don't remember that thread but I pretty much only stay on CC, Snarky sometimes, and E (and I pretty much only lurk there). I wish I'd caught it, I swear all the drama goes down where I'm not.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't doubt she asked to have her account deleted. What a train wreck. 
  • Options
    You didn't dream it. Something like 100 guests inside, 30 scattered outside(?) a huge gap that "everybody does" in her area, and came across as a kind of histrionic personality. It was mentioned in the thread that she'd violated TOS (name calling and swearing?) and had to PM and apologize to someone, and edit her posts. 
    I miss her already, whoever she was.
  • Options
    I was PMing her yesterday.    She felt like she was being attacked, but was very nice and understanding about needing to follow the TOS.   I'm guessing after the gap talk she felt this was not the place for her.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    @lyndausvi As I recall, none of us were yelling "fuck you!" to people disagreeing with us. She must have a very, uh, delicate temperament. See ya later, snowflake. Hope your guests don't mind waiting around during your hours long gap so they can eat with their plates on their laps. 
  • Options
    Yea, she had found this awesome Victorian venue she felt comfortable because she had a lot of food allergies. So changing the venue wasn't an option. But the venue only held so many people and they both have huge families so they were only going to have some tables/chairs. 

Then she was having a big gap because religion and "everyone's doing it". And her aunt was going to host *some* of the guests at her house between the ceremony and reception. Then the others were going to fend for themselves - but she had a zomg so awesome list of things to do, so that made it ok. 

Then she was tossing around F-you's and "you don't understand how special I am".

I'm not surprised she GBCK'd.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @lyndausvi Y'all are saints, for real. I can only imagine how bad that thread would've gotten. 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    Yea, she had found this awesome Victorian venue she felt comfortable because she had a lot of food allergies. So changing the venue wasn't an option. But the venue only held so many people and they both have huge families so they were only going to have some tables/chairs. 

Then she was having a big gap because religion and "everyone's doing it". And her aunt was going to host *some* of the guests at her house between the ceremony and reception. Then the others were going to fend for themselves - but she had a zomg so awesome list of things to do, so that made it ok. 

Then she was tossing around F-you's and "you don't understand how special I am".

I'm not surprised she GBCK'd.
    It's the only venue on earth that can accommodate a nut allergy, though. 
    Yes. No other venue in the universe, in fact, could accommodate a nut allergy. Not one. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    esstee33 said:
    @lyndausvi As I recall, none of us were yelling "fuck you!" to people disagreeing with us. She must have a very, uh, delicate temperament. See ya later, snowflake. Hope your guests don't mind waiting around during your hours long gap so they can eat with their plates on their laps. 
    Only thirty or so guests. The privileged guests had reserved tables inside, the less important were balancing their plates on their knees. That makes it even worse. It seems Miss Snowflake's delicate temperament is only concerned with Miss Snowflake's sensitivites, but not to the people she's hosting. She should have stayed, and learned things. 
  • Options
    blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    She was throwing out "fuck yous" like they were going out of style. It's my belief that the only thing that deserves a "fuck you" on here is cancer.
    QFT

ETF spelling...I haz the derp...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    esstee33 said:
    Only thirty or so guests. The privileged guests had reserved tables inside, the less important were balancing their plates on their knees. That makes it even worse. It seems Miss Snowflake's delicate temperament is only concerned with Miss Snowflake's sensitivites, but not to the people she's hosting. She should have stayed, and learned things.

**SITB** 

Oh, that's right! I'd forgotten that her rudeness only extended to those who aren't part of the select special group. Ugh. 

My coworker's step-daughter's wedding was this weekend and she was telling me all about it this morning. Apparently, they had 40 people at the ceremony and 120 at the reception because, and I quote "they had to rent chairs for the ceremony space and didn't want to spend the money." 

Whaaaaaaaat the fuckkkkkk is wrong with these people? 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    Her plan was to host it all outdoors.  Then she mentioned a contingency indoor plan, but it would accommodate only 120 of her 150 guests.  The 30 outdoor guests would have to sit outside, regardless of weather (in theory) and not even be a part of the actual reception.  I asked her to confirm whether these facts were accurate.  I then quoted her own words, which were (nothing shocking here), "It's my wedding day.....I deserve to be a little selfish......everyone will be fine with it because there is nothing wrong with my plan."    I suggested if that were the case, then she should put her immediate family,  already being hosted at the exclusive gap event, be put in the 30 outdoor seats, since there was nothing wrong with her plan.  After that.......**poof**
  • Options
    I'm so bummed that the thread is gone! I was reading last night on mobile and was planning on commenting this morning asking why on earth she couldn't pick another venue and bring in her own nut free meal for herself??....I mean come on she was literally only worried about herself and her safety when it came to the food. If that's the case....bring your own meal to a venue that fits everyone and let everyone else enjoy themselves.
  • Options
    I can't believe I missed this.  I obviously need to lurk in the other areas more. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    ...I hope you dreamt that. So that this can turn into a weird dreams thread. Because damn if I didn't have a weird dream last night.

I don't remember that thread but I pretty much only stay on CC, Snarky sometimes, and E (and I pretty much only lurk there). I wish I'd caught it, I swear all the drama goes down where I'm not.
    Oh lord, I had the most awesome dream last night.  
    @CaitTDid23 (and other posters) what'd you dream about?
  • Options
    So if a user requests their account to be deleted, all their posts (and thus, the thread in question) are gone?
  • Options
    Yay! @doeydo Dude, I dreamed that I had an Elantra in college. There was a car check-in place and I parked in it for class. When I went back, I couldn't find it, so I went and bought the car I actually DID have in college. And then - five years later - FI and I went back with my Elantra's key fob thing trying to find the damn car.

I woke up thoroughly confused.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:
    So if a user requests their account to be deleted, all their posts (and thus, the thread in question) are gone?
    Yup.

She was warned last night, and then she seemed to settle down. She PM'd me to apologize and asked if I'd delete the thread because she was ashamed of her behavior. I explained we don't delete threads, for the sake of lurkers who can learn from them, and then suggested she think and take a breath before she speak (in a nice "we've all been there" way).

Then people started talking about the gap, she started ramping up, and then... nothing. I kept an eye on it for a while, but she must have gone to bed. 

When I got up today, I checked the board, and the thread was gone. KP confirmed she'd asked to have her account deleted.
  • Options
    The best thing to do when one realizes that her plan is rude is to run away.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm having a food station/cocktail style reception next weekend- JFC aaaaaah- and our venue didn't have enough seating for everyone so guess what FI and I did?

We rented enough chairs so that everyone can have a seat. 

Why did we do this?  Well 1st, common sense.  And 2nd, I followed all y'all's advice on the matter.

No need to change venues, just rent moar chairs!!!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Right? My reception was in a large hotel suite. We had couches and chairs aplenty, but I knew we'd still need extra seating. We rented some (nice) folding chairs and high-boy tables for a pittance. It was worth it to know our guests would be comfortable and that they'd have plenty of space for setting down plates and drinks.
  • Options
    I'm confused why stations have anything to do with being rude. As PP's have said - don't switch venues - rent chairs!

We're having stations from around the world. And every person has a table they are assigned to with their very own chair. The serving is just different than the usual - that's it.
  • Options
    Right? My reception was in a large hotel suite. We had couches and chairs aplenty, but I knew we'd still need extra seating. We rented some (nice) folding chairs and high-boy tables for a pittance. It was worth it to know our guests would be comfortable and that they'd have plenty of space for setting down plates and drinks.
    In the grand scheme of things it didn't cost us much to rent an additional 25 chairs. . . I didn't need that many, but I wanted a few extra.

Due to the layout of the venue and firecode wrt to having enough room to maneuver and exit during an emergency, we couldn't rent additional tables.  But at least people will be able to sit down.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    The posters problem was everyone wouldn't fit in one room. she was going to split people up let 30 or so people hang out outside and eat off picnic tables and lawn furniture.
  • Options
    You didn't dream it. Something like 100 guests inside, 30 scattered outside(?) a huge gap that "everybody does" in her area, and came across as a kind of histrionic personality. It was mentioned in the thread that she'd violated TOS (name calling and swearing?) and had to PM and apologize to someone, and edit her posts. 
    I miss her already, whoever she was.
    Wow she sounds like a dream!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    She has values, yo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards